Please update your Gersnet account with your current email address!

Don't know how to switch it off?

Dropping your phone into a toilet pan or accidentally leaving it in the microwave while nuking some food should do the trick. If all else fails, go with a hammer!

Is it just the default sigs you dont want? Are we allowed customise the sig?

There's already a signature facility in your user settings on the forum here, so if you want a custom sig it makes sense to use that rather than anything which is phone specific.

When I updated my email address last night the system said it would send a confirmation to my new address but it didn't and I got locked out, right in the middle of a very interesting thread; fortunately I was able to contact another member and Frankie has come to my rescue today. Thanks.

When I updated my email address last night the system said it would send a confirmation to my new address but it didn't and I got locked out, right in the middle of a very interesting thread; fortunately I was able to contact another member and Frankie has come to my rescue today. Thanks.

Thanks for reporting the issue BH.

If anyone has a similar problem please email me @gersnet.co.uk (put my forum username in front).

No problem Z. but like some others I would be interested to know what use Gersnet intends making of my email address?

When new forum users register they need to provide a valid email address and that verification system is for multiple purposes.

Without valid email addresses for our users the forum isn't able to perform even the simplest of admin' tasks such as cross-referencing registered email addresses, sending out a one-off newsletter about forum downtime etc.

There's honestly a whole bunch of reasons, none of which are dodgy, none of which involve spamming you and most certainly don't involve selling your details to identity thieves in Bombay and running off to Marbella. :hols:

There's honestly a whole bunch of reasons, none of which are dodgy, none of which involve spamming you and most certainly don't involve selling your details to identity thieves in Bombay and running off to Marbella. :hols:

Thanks for clarifying.

Edited by mutual consent.

Edited by pete

Done! And glad I did. System had my old Hotmail account which was hacked about 3 years ago and therefore not used since.

I did say Id get a verification email to activate my account but its still work ok without clicking on it.