Your best memories of Dutch Rangers players?

Folks,

What are your favourite memories of Dutch Rangers players of the past, both Advocaat era and non-Advocaat era?

Favourite Dutch player (or players), combinations of players in the team, favourite games?

Just basically looking for fond memories, anecdotes, memories of a favourite game (or games) and any specific stuff you care to mention!

A quick recap of some of the Dutch players:

Dick Advocaat era:

Ronald de Boer, Michael Mols, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Artur Numan, Bert Konterman, Fernando Ricksen.

Outwith the Advocaat era:

Frank de Boer, Theo Snelders, Ronald Waterreus, Pieter Huistra, Peter van Vossen.

(If I've missed any players please chime in!) :)

Gio in Monaco, Konterman against Celtic at Hampden, Mols in the Champions League, Ronald de Boer every time he played. Huistra against, Lyngby i think it was. Van Vossens goal against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park and of course his miss against Celtic. I probably have more memories of Snelders at Aberdeen than Rangers tbh!

Van Bronckhorst scoring the 4th goal when we beat the tims 4-0 at Ibrox. The vid is in the vid section of this forum. Brilliant. Mols against Psv when we beat them at Ibrox. Numan was just class and had his name on the back of my shirt. Konterman obviously has to be THAT goal. De Boer had a lot of quality moments and has to be up there with the best players I have seen in a Rangers jersey. Ricksens goal at the piggery that silenced there YNWA.

What was it Waterreus did again that split the fans right down the middle? - where have we heard that before?!

Orange cup final

Mild turns, goals & infectious smile

The skill & composure of Human & Gio

And the utter brilliance of RDB - controversial it may be, but I rate RDB as one of the best players I have ever seen in a Rangers jersey

Van Bronckhorst scoring the 4th goal when we beat the tims 4-0 at Ibrox. The vid is in the vid section of this forum. Brilliant. Mols against Psv when we beat them at Ibrox. Numan was just class and had his name on the back of my shirt. Konterman obviously has to be THAT goal. De Boer had a lot of quality moments and has to be up there with the best players I have seen in a Rangers jersey. Ricksens goal at the piggery that silenced there YNWA.

What was it Waterreus did again that split the fans right down the middle? - where have we heard that before?!

Did he not come out in the press and accuse the players of deliberately disobeying McLeish?

Remember when Gio came on the big screens in Ibrox and said "We ardi people" in a way that only the Dutch could, and the crowd lapped it up? Round about the same time Arthur Numan was being touted for a move to Liverpool.

Well anyway, I was at the bottom of the marble staircase with my son, for reasons I wont bore you with, getting a couple of Dutch replica shirts signed by Gio and Arthur just before the Orange Cup Final of 2000. It also happened to be Durie's leaving do so lots of players were mingling. Gio and Arthur had agreed to get photos with my son signing the Dutch tops. Gio is in the middle of signing one of the tops, while Numan is gabbing to all the players leaving for Durie's do..

So I start shouting "Arthur, Arthur" in my Glasgow accent. Gio starts pissing himself and ripping my Glasgow version of "Arthur". I turn round to Gio and say jokingly "who are you trying to take the piss out of after your 'Wee are di people"?. Numan hears this, pisses himself laughing, and says to me and my son "yeh what was that like - wee a di peepil". Gio then turns to Arthur and and says "at least I believe it when I say it, I don't want to run off and sign for Liverpool first chance I get (obvious wind up)". The two of them then start into a big argument (good natured) about who loves Rangers the most, while all other players pass by to go to Durie's leaving do, winding them both up. It was brilliant.

On a side note, they spent time with my boy for photos sitting on the marble staircase. Check out the Rangers News No 44. (page 3) for the photo. They were absolute gents and they adored Rangers Football Club. My son still idolises them. On a side note - Arthur Numan - proven track record of success with Dutch under 21s - would walk on glass to come back to Scotland (been told by friends of his how it broke his heart to be offered nothing by the Club).

Ronald de Boer was worth the admission money alone; I often said that at the time, so not just making it up now. As I said elsewhere, without a doubt, he had the best football brain of any payer I've seen in a Rangers jersey in more than 50 years of watching the team. Trouble was, Mols apart, no one else he was playing with, was on the same wavelength.

I recall a game, couldn't say against whom, at Ibrox when he didn't just telegraph a pass to Lovenkrands, he literally pointed to where he was going to put the ball for Lk to run on to; and stood there in utter astonishment as Lk didn't move and the ball went out for a bye kick.

A sublime moment was against Kilmarnock I think or might have been Hibs at Ibrox, when he strolled into the left hand side of the box beating 1, 2 and 3 players and then ever so calmly stroked the ball lovingly almost in a gentle curve inside the far post. A thing of beauty.