This is the West-of-Scotland definition of "sectarian". I wonder if the Louden folk also asked about the songs they sing. For you do want to see the pendulum swinging in both directions.

Sidenote, many, I would assume, sing these songs not exactly out of a hardline loyalist persuasion, but because they are good sing-songs, banter and are perceived as (sic!) being Rangers traditionals.

Sidenote 2 ... I said it for years: if we do not actively get involved with the authorities, it will be others who decide what we think/feel/mean with certain chants and songs. And who knows who these "others" value certain things ...

yeah fathers advice can not possibly be banned without the add on.

though hop fuck bobby sands hes deid is sectarian is somewhat beyond me. but drop it anyway.

Why though?

If the songs aren't for some people I can respect that but why a need to try and stop everyone else singing them?

I kind of agree but it's a joke if people are forced to drop it based on some idiotic idea that it's sectarian.

Matter of fact, Sands was a sectarian bigot IRA fighter. Mocking him and his mark you out as someone from the opposition, at the time equally as sectarian as it gets. No ways about it. In this day and age though, it is the victim card wielding Yahoo who feels oppressed or offended or the like by anything pro-British and loyalist, no matter whether something is being sung in jest, as banter, or in earnest.* Those who have to deal with really serious matters when it comes to racism, nationalism and the like should see through this scam.

*Of course, the same standards do not hold for their songs et al.

Matter of fact, Sands was a sectarian bigot IRA fighter. Mocking him and his mark you out as someone from the opposition, at the time equally as sectarian as it gets. No ways about it. In this day and age though, it is the victim card wielding Yahoo who feels oppressed or offended or the like by anything pro-British and loyalist, no matter whether something is being sung in jest, as banter, or in earnest.* Those who have to deal with really serious matters when it comes to racism, nationalism and the like should see through this scam.

*Of course, the same standards do not hold for their songs et al.

Te be honest DB I just think of Sands as a murdering terrorist bastard and I imagine most of our fans do as well, whatever the whole bigotry element.

As much as i think the sectarian stuff needs to go - i am pretty disappointed by the Louden Tavern section.

The feedback they got from FOCUS was that the issues is over the 'perceived' view of the YCV etc. Yet Celtic are continually getting away with their chants of the IRA based on the excuse of it being about 'the 1916 rising' etc.

This is double standards IMO.

There were over 135 different regiments of the British Army involved in WW1. If this is all about commemorating the 'Great War' why don't we sing about any of the other regiments? Where's the song about the Highland Light Infantry, or the Scots Guards?