The song 'Ye Cannae Shove Yer Granny Aff The Bus' should be banned - It's sexist.

It's an admonition not to debus your granny, so in itself it's ok.. To avoid being sexist delete "granny" and put in "grandparent". Loses the in-line rhyme, though.

I love the tune of Build My Gallows however I am not interested in the political message.

But I cannot for the life of me remember Builld My Gallows being sung when I was younger (in the 90s through to the Advocaat era) am I wrong?

It was definitely sung during the 90s. I don't recall it being sung earlier than this though.

There were over 135 different regiments of the British Army involved in WW1. If this is all about commemorating the 'Great War' why don't we sing about any of the other regiments? Where's the song about the Highland Light Infantry, or the Scots Guards?

Agreed. The reasoning behind the WW1 commemoration is flimsy to say the least. This stuff is utterly depressing tbh. Instead of talking about players, formations, the future ie. football... we have to deal with an off the field shambles that is a daily sopa opera coupled with this nonsense about our right to sing songs about Bobby Sands et all. Tell me as a Rangers football, why should I give a flying monkeys about Bobby friggin Sands?

Utterly baffled, Glasgow

Agreed. The reasoning behind the WW1 commemoration is flimsy to say the least. This stuff is utterly depressing tbh. Instead of talking about players' date=' formations, the future ie. football... we have to deal with an off the field shambles that is a daily sopa opera coupled with this nonsense about our right to sing songs about Bobby Sands et all. Tell me as a Rangers football, why should I give a flying monkeys about Bobby friggin Sands?

Utterly baffled, Glasgow[/quote']

Bluntly, because some Bears think that as a Bluenose you should automatically sign up to the Ulster Covenant.

I haven't heard No Pope of Rome at a football ground for years, by the way, except last year at Berwick.

& WW1? This argument doesn't even convince Rangers supporters, there's no way you'll persuade FoCus.

Maybe like tennis they should make a list of songs that are decided by the authorities, then we are given three challenges a year to be debated in front of a truly independent panel (hopefully foreign and experienced judges) - and every time we win, we get another challenge.

If we win the authorities pay, if we lose, we pay. If we sing a song that has been challenged and failed, we get hammered.

At least there would be some accountability on both sides.

To ensure fairness, perhaps you should be able to challenge another club's song that has not been banned, in order to get it banned.

Agreed. The reasoning behind the WW1 commemoration is flimsy to say the least. This stuff is utterly depressing tbh. Instead of talking about players' date=' formations, the future ie. football... we have to deal with an off the field shambles that is a daily sopa opera coupled with this nonsense about our right to sing songs about Bobby Sands et all. Tell me as a Rangers football, why should I give a flying monkeys about Bobby friggin Sands?

Utterly baffled, Glasgow[/quote']Blame the SNP.