Financial Times: Rangers in danger of getting red card over governance

Indeed and if that's the case, then there shouldn't be very much holding up the proceedings of calling the AGM, but the way this Paul Shackleton guy is talking in the interview that went out on the PA wires on Sunday afternoon, it's as if there's major issues holding up proceedings. I'm also wondering why the Sky Sports article states that the club is currently prevented from calling an AGM.

Perhaps neither Stockbridge or Easdale fancy chairing a PLC AGM. Not the easiest thing to do if you have hundreds of people attending.

Having read the leaked Malcolm Murray emails it's very unclear as to whether Daniel Stewart are competent enough to be sorting this out for our club or even whether they'll be acting in the best interests of the club and ALL the shareholders, or just certain shareholders from Green & co's side of the boardroom wars.

IhErL3J.png

Are we using this NOMAD because (by the sounds of it) they are cheap?

Perhaps neither Stockbridge or Easdale fancy chairing a PLC AGM. Not the easiest thing to do if you have hundreds of people attending.

Very good point BD. It's entirely possible that neither of them are confident and/or capable of chairing the AGM. That would certainly fit with the aura of incompetence that's been radiating from the boardroom.

Are we using this NOMAD because (by the sounds of it) they are cheap?

Saving money has never been a major part of the agenda since Green & co took over, so it's seriously doubtful. It appears far more likely that a small company with previous links to Green & co was brought in for other reasons like allowing Green to wangle out of his lock-in agreement and casting a blind eye to various governance anomalies.

Edited by Zappa

We all know our current NOMAD (name & address)

Daniel Stewart & Company plc

Becket House

36 Old Jewry

London EC2R 8DD

http://www.danielstewart.co.uk/Home/...t/default.aspx

Compare this with another company that Phil Betts has been a director of since 2008

D S FINANCE & LEASING LTD (previously called Merchant House Finance Ltd)

BECKET HOUSE

36 OLD JEWRY

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

EC2R 8DD

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/lt...-house-finance

Co-incidentally the same address ?

Becket House is used by various businesses so they could have nothing to do with each other.

Anyone know of any other connections or relevant details that could help determine if there is or there isn't anything to see here ?

I'll post the alleged e-mail seperately in another post.

I may be wrong but I seem to recall SDM drafting in a lawyer, I think his name was Cockburn, to chair AGM's.

Don't remember that. I remember SDM, Findlay and mcClelland doing it but don't ever recall a non-director doing it but it may have been at an AGM that I wasn't at.

Don't remember that. I remember SDM, Findlay and mcClelland doing it but don't ever recall a non-director doing it but it may have been at an AGM that I wasn't at.

This happened on at least two occasions that I can remember, when SDM for obvious reasons didn't want to be continually up and down and presumably didn't think that anyone else on the Board at the time was up to the job. I found it quite surprsing at the time that as a Club we should pay an outside person to Chair a an AGM but could only assume that it was in order. I don't recollect whether or not McClelland was on the Board at the time but certainly do remember his infamous appearances in the Chair. From memory this was in the years following the lawyer taking the Chair but I may be mistaken on that. I may be able to place the year(s) if I have a search around old docs.