Well, FF broke that "news" a couple of weeks ago. If I were paranoia-inclined, I would say that this is being done openly by a certain spin doctor. Still, the board has to do something anyway, AGM and pretenders or not. Longmuir would be a good choice, as he's done rather well with the SFL and knows the game inside out. Whether he can handle the trails and tribulations of our club remains to be seen.

As for the article, stopped at "liquidated club". These trolls are just beyond help.

I met him once and found him a very nice man, perhaps too nice and not ruthless enough for what we need.

If the Easdales are around they will be able to supply the ruthlessness required, with a bit to spare. After saying that, I would imagine that there would be better candidates than David Longmuir, around, to fulfil the CEO job.

Perhaps 8 months ago Id have thought that this would be an interesting option. But anyone who lies down to Doncaster when he had the better hand of cards is a no-no for me. He showed weakness during the SPL / SPL "merger" (invaded takeover).

If the Easdales are around they will be able to supply the ruthlessness required, with a bit to spare. After saying that, I would imagine that there would be better candidates than David Longmuir, around, to fulfil the CEO job.

The Easdales shat themselves from Andy Smilie at Ibrox when they were talking about who was the £££ behind the SoS.

Longmuir seams a nice guy but we need someone with the wisdom of Solomon..

"an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?

The Strength of Samson "A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

the courage of David. "I will have no fear, though ten thousand have come round me, putting themselves against me.

Should be an easy find then.

Perhaps 8 months ago Id have thought that this would be an interesting option. But anyone who lies down to Doncaster when he had the better hand of cards is a no-no for me. He showed weakness during the SPL / SPL "merger" (invaded takeover).

If memory serves me correct, the SFL First Division jumped shipped completely, along with a handful lower tier teams. He and the SFL were essentially blackmailed into surrender ... it was not "his" SFL and his decision to accept the SPL "proposals". IMHO typical Scottish clan politics ... and I might be proven wrong, but at the end of the day damaging to the Scottish clansmen. As per usual.