That is good. Highly recommend the magazine.

They had an article on Springsteen and the E Street band last year that's as good a piece of music writing as I've ever read. Their Tumblr page is great for finding gems like that.

As usual Andy an excellent and thought provoking post.

One could be forgiven though, despite your ""old leftie" claims, that you rub shoulders with the top Tories given what has been released today....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24690002

But the whole debacle over Spence was interesting and shows the ongoing failings within the organisation which may well prove to be its death knell. There is no doubt that the Savile crisis has done considerable damage to the BBC. Their failure to investigate matters properly and take appropriate action is now a matter of public record and has resulted in serious erosion of public confidence.

But they continue to make the same mistakes. The recent BBC Scotland inquiry into Spence's most recent verbal gaffe highlights this. Whilst they admitted the presenter could have used clearer language he was cleared of any deliberate wrong doing. What is totally unacceptable is that they did not consider any of his previous outbursts in their weighing up of the allegations. Do they not think that the evidence in their archives which reveals the under investigation presenter commenting " I dont care what any Rangers fans say - this is a new club" was relative and worthy of consideration in their latest review ? It demonstrates that the latest outburst by Spence was not an isolated incident - but in fact part of a series of conduct which is misleading, erroneous and for which their own organisation is being used as a platform for such views to be espoused.

How I wish we'd called their bluff last summer and applied to join the Cumbria Sunday league or whatever the bottom rung in England is. The standard wouldn't be much worse than just now and the potential so much more exciting.

I think in the long run a move to the English leagues would have been the best course of action for our Club and for basically everyone, but despite the lip service and play acting about moving our league membership south of the border, Green & his cronies weren't even remotely interested in the long term future of Rangers.

In fairness to staff at the club who may have been completely against the idea and had a say in the whole process last summer, it would actually have given our demented enemies more ammo to use against us in their newco = new club agenda and number one obsession as well as giving them free reign to rule Scottish football practically unchallenged.

Whether we are able to end their current unchallenged reign over Scottish football or not is yet to be seen. I'm not saying we won't but it's no sure- fire success. We've decided to stay, now we have to live with this decision.

How I wish we'd called their bluff last summer and applied to join the Cumbria Sunday league or whatever the bottom rung in England is. The standard wouldn't be much worse than just now and the potential so much more exciting. In two years time if all goes well we get to play St Johnstone and Ross County.

You and several thousand others Amms. I wish we could re-wind time and take that option...

You and several thousand others Amms. I wish we could re-wind time and take that option...

I think it was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity passing by. I certainly hope it was because to get the same opportunity again the club would need to be in big big trouble again.

I think it was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity passing by. I certainly hope it was because to get the same opportunity again the club would need to be in big big trouble again.

A strange world indeed Zap. Our ambition and objective is to get up the leagues and play alongside those who hate and despise us.

I think in the long run a move to the English leagues would have been the best course of action for our Club and for basically everyone, but despite the lip service and play acting about moving our league membership south of the border, Green & his cronies weren't even remotely interested in the long term future of Rangers.

In fairness to staff at the club who may have been completely against the idea and had a say in the whole process last summer, it would actually have given our demented enemies more ammo to use against us in their newco = new club agenda and number one obsession as well as giving them free reign to rule Scottish football practically unchallenged.

It's all speculation but I agree that unless we could have got straight into the higher leagues in England Green wasn't interested in that route.

I don't really bother all that much about the 'new club' argument, anyone who makes it clearly understands nothing about football or football fandom.

Had we gone south it's highly unlikely we could have maintained the infrastructure at the club we have just now. The climb to even the conference would have taken many years. I still wish we'd done it though, our children would have thanked us.