Prepared for the onslaught but I don't find the 'Orange Bastards' chant remotely offensive. My great grandfather was high up in an Orange Lodge and I come from very staunch Ulster and Scottish blood.

To me we should just allow fans to sing whatever the fuck they want. The atmosphere in UK games is terrible enough without sanitising it further. You look at the crazy atmospheres that get generated in Italy, Argentina, Turkey, Germany, Holland etc and you just get depressed...

I say let fans sing whatever the fuck they want as long as it is not entirely inappropriate like 71 chants or pro IRA.

We don't want to be left with family stands and jester hats. Lets get the 'ultra' back into football.

I doubt if any of us find it offensive, you're missing the point.

Some suggest complaining as a quid pro quo for Timothy's constant whining about us; some say use the issue to flush out the inconsistencies in groups like FARE or the media; and a lot, like you, don't care either way.

What such stuff does do, though, is make it far harder for Timothy's commercial department to strike deals with pan-European or multi-national companies, to bring in real money, since they don't wish to be associated with such stuff. This applies to us as well, of course.

'Being offended' is shorthand for being a pussy nowadays when in fact, it's just being aware that we are shooting ourselves in the foot over and over again. The dismay I felt at being woken at 6-45 on a Sunday morning by my clock radio to hear the words 'Glasgow Rangers supporters club', 'Nazi salute' & 'shameful' on Radio 5Live can be imagined.

Sectarianism is a growing Industry in Scotland in which there are many people employed in it.

It was set up by the two-bob politicians at Holyrood with a view to doing as much damage as possible to Rangers whilst ignoring all other forms of sectarianism and such like in this vile little country e.g. Celtic's support of banned terrorist organisations & in general anything directed at Rangers by all other Scottish clubs' supporters

There is no need to refer to Celtic, Catholicism or paramilitaries in any of our songs.

Let's ignore the great obsessed and focus on football songs about our club.

Andy's right about the commercial damage and it's also one of the principal reasons why supporters of other clubs were so keen to stick the boot in when we were on our knees.

I'd really like to see the Club and supporters working together to find old and new songs which get Ibrox bouncing, but which don't hurt us elsewhere. Like it or not, addressing some of the negative external perceptions of our Club was an important part of our journey back to the top. Unfortunately, the great opportunity we had to do this in the lower leagues is being lost amid all the boardroom machinations.

'Being offended' is shorthand for being a pussy nowadays when in fact, it's just being aware that we are shooting ourselves in the foot over and over again. The dismay I felt at being woken at 6-45 on a Sunday morning by my clock radio to hear the words 'Glasgow Rangers supporters club', 'Nazi salute' & 'shameful' on Radio 5Live can be imagined.

I was listening to Radio 4 at 5am and no mention of Rangers, but they did qualify that the Salute, might have been a Loyalist Salute.

The only reason it "harms" commercial opportunities ( if indeed it does) and Scottish football's reputation outside our own borders is because Timmy and our media have turned a molehill into a mountain. Tiny problem best ignored not inflated and exaggerated.

There is no need to refer to Celtic, Catholicism or paramilitaries in any of our songs.

Let's ignore the great obsessed and focus on football songs about our club.

Andy's right about the commercial damage and it's also one of the principal reasons why supporters of other clubs were so keen to stick the boot in when we were on our knees.

I'd really like to see the Club and supporters working together to find old and new songs which get Ibrox bouncing, but which don't hurt us elsewhere. Like it or not, addressing some of the negative external perceptions of our Club was an important part of our journey back to the top. Unfortunately, the great opportunity we had to do this in the lower leagues is being lost amid all the boardroom machinations.

An interesting point. I admit I hadn't given it much thought until TRS appeared, seeking to understand quite why we were so detested and why so many - well, all - the other clubs and fans kicked us so hard when we were down. Seemed as clear as day to me, jealousy of our success and dislike of the religious/political baggage. You can't blame it on people who oppose such views at Parkhead, it was everybody. Clear enough that most simply couldn't stick going to the football and getting regaled with the repertoire.

No reason to stop it, in itself - bollocks to the lot of them, in my opinion. You certainly won't find me crawling to other teams' fans asking them to explain what's wrong with Rangers.

But when you see the impact this hostility has on the club - catastrophic, coming on top of Whyte's misrule - you are negligent if you don't sit and think about it. Some will conclude this:

Sectarianism is a growing Industry in Scotland in which there are many people employed in it.

which, while true, does nothing to address the damage that is done to the club by indulging in Forbidden Activities. Pretending something will go away because you don't like it didn't work when we were kids faced with a trip to the dentists. Others may feel the whole thing is a

Tiny problem best ignored not inflated and exaggerated.

To which I would say, since sponsorship came about in the mid-80's why have we been sponsored by such localised companies? Look at the audience reach both us and them have; look at the TV & media coverage; we should have Jeep or Toyota or Pepsi or someone of that stature pushing their brand on our omnipresent shirts.

We don't. We have Scottish lagers, subsidiaries of same, fly by night cable TV companies and bloody double glazing. I can't give you a list of theirs but I don't ever recall feeling aggrieved that they had a Blue Chip sponsor so I imagine they're the same. That alone tells you a hell of a lot, and not that our commercial department are asleep on the job.

I was listening to Radio 4 at 5am and no mention of Rangers, but they did qualify that the Salute, might have been a Loyalist Salute.

Hopefully we can sneak past this under the radar. 5Live mentioned that the name on the flag in the photo was the name of an RSC somewhere down south, they did also qualify the Nazi stuff with the Red Hand explanation.

Even so, if you absolutely must go around giving Red Hand salutes, would it no be an idea to maybe put a red glove on? Someone's mum could knit a dozen pairs and send them round.