It's pretty safe to say we have won our second title on the way back up, and yes the road has been smoother this year compared to last. Yet I personally feel uninspired by how it is being accomplished, and I'm interested in what the consensus is. When we agreed as a support that we would rather start at the bottom than be handed some 'charity' i.e. a halfway house (did you notice the clamour of the press to praise the Rangers support for that? No I didn't either) I think we all saw an opportunity to create a football philosophy, a new ethos, away from the pressures of playing in the same league as them.

OK, after a while last season, it was clear that it wasn't going to be that easy. So get the first season over and then start to see something new. No? Am I just in the wrong mood but are there any signs that we are going to accomplish any of this by the time we get back to the top?

Already Ally is talking about "needing millions to do better than top six"!!! I watched our route one football to beat East Fife. I watched Nicky Law excited at the start of the season talk about how we were going to play a very high line due to our superior fitness and always be on the front foot. Nicky started on fire, scoring great goals, and then what? Ally tells him to lie a bit deeper and the rest is there to see....

If it is better than my mood is telling me then I'm open to criticism - no problem. Can anyone say hand on heart though that these won't be wasted years?

The team is winning and usually by some distance. We trialled 9 or more youngsters last season, amongst a handful of veterans. Their form meandered rather critically at times towards the end of last season. Ally rectified this with bringing in 9 new players. As with Black last season, they are now required to show their form week in and week out. Some can cope with that and grow in stature, others have problems. So far, my major concern is that Ally does not switch formations in the way he could, e.g. Templeton, McKay and Aird during the later stages of a game ... or when things come unpalatable. And even more worrying is the fact that he indeed introduced Hutton ahead of Templeton this weekend. While it might be nice in some people's eyes that Hutton is back, he should build up his fitness in challenge games and amongst the u21s ... as we already have 4 players on the park who can play in his position.

NB: Yes, I know that we've won all our 10 league games so far ...

I dont care what anyone says. Ally is not the man to take us forward. He'll get us in the SPL but I fear he will be found wanting. The fact that he's already talking about needing more millions is worrying indeed. We should have been laying down the foundations for our return to the top flight last year.

I fully agree with the OP. It may have been a bit premature to expect it last season considering we started the season with 6 players, but we got through it and this season we have a big squad and it was still early enough to start a new footballing philosophy. I think this could also have been done while still winning the league at a canter.

The mentality just seems to be win the league only. Nothing wrong with that but I do agree we are missing out on a chance to start afresh something new.

Rangers already have a football 'philosophy'. It's called winning. Tactics, and personnel, are adapted to achieve this goal.

I'd like to know if those of you who argue for a football 'philosophy' think that it entails the following points:

1. A particular style of play should be maintained even at the expense of winning.

2. Playing the same formation each week.

3. Playing the senior team formation throughout the youth teams.

His decision making indicates to me he won't be our manager very long after we made it back up. I just don't see it. He might do in the lower leagues but unless he really adapts his style completely, we will struggle in 2 years time (latest).

Something is going right this season.....42 goals in 10 games (nearly double what Ceptic have scores), 10 wins out of 10 games & a team that appear to be showing more grip & determination in each game.

Add to the fact that out of those 42 goals, a decent number have come from midfield & defence, shows that the entire team is working hard.

The big question is......"Is McCoist the manager to bring back Top League glory???" Right now, I don't think anyone can truly answer that. He has clearly improved since last season, and will hopefully learn many lessons over the coming seasons.

Lets just see what happens......

Rangers already have a football 'philosophy'. It's called winning. Tactics, and personnel, are adapted to achieve this goal.

I'd like to know if those of you who argue for a football 'philosophy' think that it entails the following points:

1. A particular style of play should be maintained even at the expense of winning.

2. Playing the same formation each week.

3. Playing the senior team formation throughout the youth teams.

I think the term footballing philosophy has been redefined through what clubs Barcelona, Dortmund have acomplished over the past decade or so. Not only does it come with the points above but is also a re-enforced mindset about how players approach the game and a "always aim to improve" mantra.

Take the Barca - they develop players through their youth system and mould them to play in the same system that is used in the first team. Youth players are raised with a hunger to always seek improvement and yes that does take precedence over winning. Xavi & Iniesta has publically stated this in a few interviews I read.

I know when one mentioned Barcelona there is an instinctive thought of "yeah we just dont have the quality" - but the idea is that if you put emphasis on the development of players from youth upwards then it will reap benefits in the long term.

Winning at any cost?? Well i have my thoughts on that but i would like to point out that there has been several times over the past 5 years or so when we have won games, sometimes narrowly, and yet fans still are not liking the product on the park. So for some, winning is not he be all and end all. But i dont think that a footballing philosopy should be as restrictive as you imply in the three points above.