"Bring on the Hibs, the Hearts, the Celtic..."

Tuesday brings the Scottish Cup draw and the "big boys" entering the draw. Star centre back Bilel Mohsni is (perhaps wrongly?) giving it the bravado and asking for our age old enemy:

BILEL MOHSNI is praying Rangers land Celtic in Tuesday’s Scottish Cup draw – and insists the Ibrox side fear no-one.

The fourth-round draw will be carried out by Sir Alex Ferguson in Aberdeen.

The 26-year-old Frenchman would relish the mouthwatering prospect of a square-go with the double-winning champs.

Mohsni said: “I am not afraid of any side.

“We have a strong team and I would look forward to facing any other side, especially Celtic.

“That would be a big challenge because every fan, everyone, wants to see this game.

“I have only just signed here so I don’t know what it’s like to play against Celtic.

“It would be good for my first experience of the derby to be in a big cup match.”

Even if the Old Firm are not paired up in the draw Mohsni would like to take on a top-flight side – as a test of just how far Ally McCoist’s men have travelled.

Mohsni said: “I want to see how we would get on against a Premiership side. That would be very good.

“We are all looking forward to seeing how we would get on against them, how ready we are for the challenge.

“I have watched Premiership games. If one of their teams play against us, they are not going to sit back. We will play football too, so we will see what happens.

“Of course, it is not going to be easy but it will be a good game of football. It won’t be just counter-attack and defence.”

Striker Jon Daly was also keeping his fingers crossed that Gers will land one of the top-flight’s big guns.

He said: “Every club is probably looking for a home draw – we would hopefully get a home draw again and get a big crowd in.

“We are just happy to be in the draw. Whoever we get, we get.

“It would be nice to test ourselves against a Premiership side but we will wait and see who we get in the draw.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-star-bilel-mohsni-were-2671400

There is definitely a feeling among some of our support that we should be hoping to avoid being paired with them or any SPL side to avoid an humiliating defeat and other teams taking advantage of us whilst we rebuild. They point to comprehensive defeats from top division sides last year as their reasoning. Though this ignores the fact that we had an equally emphatic victory against then second placed side Motherwell last year. It also fails to take into consideration the vast improvement in our playing squad and the superior displays and results we have achieved this season.

We are much improved throughout the spine of the team. Mohsni appears to be comfortably the best centre back we have fielded since we have been paying in the lower divisions.

Nicky Law is not quite at the levels he displayed at the start of this season but is still a fine upgrade on last season. Ian Black this year has been one our best performers when last season he appeared a waste of a wage.

Jon Daly has added a serious goal threat to the all round game he displayed for Dundee United in the SPL. In addition to a pretty strong spine we ave Cammy Bell in goal who was one of the best keepers in the old top division. We have the best left back playing in Scotland and we have some decent supporting players in midfield and attack.

We may not boast a paying squad vastly superior to all outwith the Glasgow duopoly, as we once did. But we certainly have a team capable of turning over any of those top league sides. They are equally capable o beating us, but to e that is no reason to run scared. Lower league sides who can't call on even half the quality we can have dumped out SPL sides. And that includes Celtic.

Worst case scenario is drawing Celtic whist we are currently half the team we once were. Yet the fear of a heavy defeat must be balanced against the opportunity to dump them out of the country's premier competition whilst plying our trade in the depths of Scottish football. That is one result they would ever be able to live down!

I don't want to play any team with even a sliver of a tad of a smidgin of attacking power with our defence. I think a quick reflection on Ally's catastrophic cup record might be in order for Moshni and any who think like him.

I also fear that if we were drawn against the timz, the game would be lucky to go ahead and if it did so, luckier still to be played to a conclusion. It certainly wouldn't were this going to transpire: "... opportunity to dump them out of the country's premier competition whilst plying our trade in the depths of Scottish football"

Unfortunately I think we're still 3 or 4 players short from where I suspect Ally would like us to be, but in a one off game anything could happen.

I think we need a proper CB to play alongside Moshni (nothing against Jig) and a better RB too. We still need a bit more creativity in MF and someone with pace to play alongside Daly up front although I'd like to see Templeton getting a run out there as he is more of a goal threat than anyone else we've currently got IMO.

If we can get thro' this next round then hopefully Ally can move 2 or 3 players out in January & bring in 2 or 3 for the positions which need strengthened

Alloa at home would do me fine. I don't want an SPL club. Its not that I fear them, I still feel we should be avoiding them. But i think the old sticky balls will be used and we'll get Celtic or Aberdeen.

Alloa at home would do me fine. I don't want an SPL club. Its not that I fear them, I still feel we should be avoiding them. But i think the old sticky balls will be used and we'll get Celtic or Aberdeen.

Wouldn't be surprised, or Hearts who are desperate for the cash!

A lot of my family would not be disappointed if it was Alloa.

Take your pick:

Aberdeen

Celtic

Dundee

Dundee United

Falkirk

Greenock Morton

Heart of Midlothian

Hibernian

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Kilmarnock

Livingston