I thought we wanted a good run in this cup?

But its a league match in a division we have 100% in, we could easily have made a few changes to the team and still won.

I can 'slightly' see the argument if a) it was maybe 4-6 players who were certain starters for us and b) it was world cup or European championship qualifiers, but not friendlies.

But its a league match in a division we have 100% in, we could easily have made a few changes to the team and still won.

I can 'slightly' see the argument if a) it was maybe 4-6 players who were certain starters for us and b) it was world cup or European championship qualifiers, but not friendlies.

For some reason I got it in my head was the Falkirk game... A league game does make a bit of a difference, especially when 14 points ahead.

However, we suddenly seem to have a few injuries...

As I said before, this is most likely about technicalities rather than not being able to field a decent team. We'll have 4 first teamers misssing, with 3 of them nigh certain starters each week. Little is apparently out of it now anyways. Who knows what future fixtures clashes will happen unto us and once we decide we can go without e.g. these four now, these future games may not be deemed in need of being postponed if 4 players are away. And I hardly remember that a league game being postponed for players being injured and/or suspended.

As in: should a game in March clash with an international and 4 players are called up, while we have 5 on the treatment table and/or suspended, we'd suddenly be down 9 players and have no way of calling the game off due to international call-ups.

Of course, such call-up weeks would and should open the way for the likes of Templeton, McKay, Aird and Crawford to return to the starting line-up, with plenty of players there to back them up (Telfer, Walsh, Murdoch et al). And they should be good enough for SPFL One opposition.

Ally's learning how to play by "Sporting Integrity" rules. He's laying the marker for when he gets back to playing with Pete and the bhoys. If there comes a chance where he can stick it to them you can be sure he'll use these games as a precedent.

Yes, in retrospect I can see the argument for postponement purely out of principal, especially given that the top flight SPIFFEL league don't have any fixtures scheduled during international breaks.

Got to say though... If the club's going to make postponements out of principal and "sporting integrity" that's fine, but they should be honest about it with the fans, give everyone plenty of warning and perhaps even offer to compensate out of pocket fans on production of travel &/or accommodation receipts.

Yes, in retrospect I can see the argument for postponement purely out of principal, especially given that the top flight SPIFFEL league don't have any fixtures scheduled during international breaks.

Got to say though... If the club's going to make postponements out of principal and "sporting integrity" that's fine, but they should be honest about it with the fans, give everyone plenty of warning and perhaps even offer to compensate out of pocket fans on production of travel &/or accommodation receipts.

Fair do's.