League One business makes a quick fire return to Ibrox on Saturday. After a hard fought win over Dunfermline in midweek, can The Rangers make it twelve league wins on the bounce on Saturday (15 in all competitions) against Gary Bollan's beleaguered Airdrieonians at Ibrox? Let’s look at how we might shape up.

Eleven League games. Eleven Wins. Eleven Jon Daly goals. Two of those coming in the Scottish Cup fixture against Airdrie at Ibrox on Friday 1st November as Rangers swept Airdrie aside after a fairly poor first half. The big Dubliner is in lethal form and who would bet against him extending his tally on Saturday? Daly is a certainty to start. Beside him young Nicky Clarke would be my choice as a second striker, his movement and work rate on Friday was very encouraging and Daly looks to be a good foil for him. Andy Little won’t feature for a lengthy period after being hospitalised with a fractured cheek bone on Wednesday. Unlucky on the boy, let’s hope he makes a speedy recovery.

In the midfield it's not such a clear picture. Kyle Hutton had a decent return to the first team after Ian Black missed the match due to a suspension picked up in last year’s cup exit to Dundee United, and he may have done enough to keep his berth. Nicky Law and Lewis Macleod will keep their places unless McCoist decides to rest one or other after a bruising encounter against The Pars but I’d be surprised if he would feel the need to do this at a time when both are playing well and giving opponents a torrid time. Peralta looks off the pace and may be rotated for David Templeton after his goal and decent form from the bench.

At the back Scotland’s best full back and arguably the finest footballer at the club Lee Wallace will be on a high after receiving the call from Gordon Strachan for the up-coming International fixtures against the USA and Norway and is sure to start. Goal scoring colossus and cult figure in the making Bilel Mohsni should retain his place in central defence beside skipper Lee McCulloch and Foster seems to be a first pick despite recent poor displays. His ball retention and distribution is abysmal and is surely the weak link of this side so far this season. Sebastian Faure would be my choice at right back but McCoist is not one for tinkering with a winning side.

Confidence must be sky high at the moment and if we can start games in a more positive manner, I see no reason why we can’t maintain the 100% record until Xmas. It would be a fantastic achievement regardless of the standard of league we find ourselves in. I’m going for a convincing 4-0 win, Jon Daly to get at least two of those.

(Possible line up)

:cb:

:rf:

:bm: :jig: :lw:

:kh:

:dt: :ib: :lm:

:nc: :jd:

Edited by pete

Thanks for that Juan. I edited it to centralise the players. For all who want to fill in a team,to centralise you select a line as in:

keeper

Defence

midfield

forwards

Then you hit the centralise button as in a words document. I hope this helps.

So, shame for Little but it gives Clark more regular game time and perhaps the pressure of not having to perform (knowing Little wont come in if he isn't playing well and scoring) might free him up, allow him to relax and play a bit better.

I suspect McCulloch will start sporting the Richard Gough look.

What of Foster? Is he out? If so Faure comes in and whilst no natural right back, Foster's performances have been less than spectacular so should cause no great dramas. Faure's initial involvements were a little erratic. Confusion between himself and a midfielder (black?) allowed the ball to spill to a Dunfermline forward and left McCulloch exposed and caught between players. After that it was more assured if not exactly eye catching stuff. Still not seeing the superstar many did at the start of the year but I dont think he will be significantly worse than Foster.

What of Templeton? I think he tried hard. A case of trying too hard to impress? Picking passes that weren't on, crossing from too far out and sometimes trying to beat one man too many. Some seemed keen for Clark to be allowed to play his way into form. Do we afford Templeton the same luxury?

Possible line up?

Bell

Faure Jig Mohsni Wallace

Peralta Black Law McLeod

Daly Clark

For what its worth I think our biggest issue there is Peralta. If he's not good enough to play CM ahead of Law and Black then bench him because he isn't a right mid. Crawford again is not exceptional but is preferable to the Honduran.

Match predictions in here:

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?59723-Match-Prediction-League

Just a bit of fun. And with a maximum 6 points available (3 for correct scoreline 3 for correct first goal scorer) you're not too far behind if you join in now. (Leader or 9 down to 1 point at the bottom).

Winner can have a week abroad at craig's. ;-)

So, shame for Little but it gives Clark more regular game time and perhaps the pressure of not having to perform (knowing Little wont come in if he isn't playing well and scoring) might free him up, allow him to relax and play a bit better.

It's one way to look at it, while many think competition for places makes players play better. Perhaps it depends on confidence...

For what its worth I think our biggest issue there is Peralta. If he's not good enough to play CM ahead of Law and Black then bench him because he isn't a right mid. Crawford again is not exceptional but is preferable to the Honduran.

I think Peralta will have the usual central/south American trait of taking time to adapt to our game and culture. I think it's too early to judge someone from that part of the world. It seems to be one of those things.

Trying to look on the positive side with Clark. Not saying it will pan out that way with him but sometimes people thrive knowing there is less pressure to perform and they will be given more time to learn and develop in the role.

Could be right on Peralta. Would love to be wrong. Just yet to be impressed. Not sure what attributes he does have yet other than a bit of dig and i'm sure we could have got that for less from a homegrown player.