It is that most poignant time of the year – Remembrance Day. A time to remember, a time to reflect.

But for the people of Ulster, today is particularly poignant, it is hurtful and will bring much reflection and sadness. 26 years ago to the day, a bomb exploded without warning at a Remembrance Day memorial in Enniskillen leaving 11 dead and 63 injured.

The cowardly, savage and barbaric nature of this attack saw those responsible – Irish Republican Terrorists – roundly condemned by all sides of the community. It was an act of inhumanity designed to terrorise the PUL community in Northern Ireland, to prevent them honouring the memory of their fallen; it was the very essence of terror in that it was designed to disrupt and discourage people from their normal activity through fear and intimidation.

That it failed spectacularly to do so is down to the courage, bravery and determination of the ordinary people of Ulster. The postmen who continued to deliver letters, the policemen who continued to uphold the law, the judges who continued to dispense it, the firemen who fought the fires, every single Ulster man woman and child who quietly and with stoic determination continued with their normal lives and normal activities. Who refused to deviate from the norm, who refused to give in to the bullet or the bomb, who refused to surrender the norm.

But it is not just a story, it is a lesson.

In a week which saw our club's name dragged through the courts and the press for misinterpreted salutes it serves as a reminder of our responsibility to not only our club but also the PUL community in Ulster. Instead of showy, chest beating, but otherwise empty and moronic gestures (which our enemies will make use of to the full) if you really want to help and show your support for the PUL community in Ulster why not take a leaf out of the Vanguard Bears book, and quietly and without fanfare actually undertake some kind of activity which will benefit their community ? I’m sure the £560 raised by them for the Twaddell and Woodvale Residents Association was of far greater benefit than the negative imagery and commentaries associated with “Red Hand Salutes”

If any of you are in any doubt – ask yourself why a newspaper recently published a 3 year old picture of such behaviour. It damages our club and the very people for whom you are trying to show your support.

Today in Enniskillen a father will reflect on the daughter he will never walk down the aisle.

A son on the missing father at school parent's evening.

A whole community will join together in sorrow.

But they will not be beaten. They will remember and they will honour.

And others will watch and remember them as the very essence and embodiment of No Surrender.

Like most I remember that day vividly, sitting here in Lisburn, stunned in front of our TV set.

The No Surrender mantra was chanted by many NI civilians as we got up for work next day, sick to the stomach but continued to work in Police stations and Army bases despite the threat of being murdered for doing so.

Sadly Enniskillen was, for my generation, the latest in a long line of horrific terrorist attacks up to that point including the Claudy Massacre, Bloody Friday, the Kings Mills Massacre, La Mon House and Darkley.

The murder of Lord Mountbatten in 1979 is also lodged in my memory along with the death of 4 soldiers in the Lisburn 'Fun Run' bombing of 1988.

Such trauma and adversity seemed to strengthened our resolve.

Forgive me if I appear glib but I think a similar spirit is visible amongst the Rangers support. We appear to be under attack from every direction, and despite our differences the cry is no surrender!

I know D'Art served in the forces and his post stems from a deep understanding of the subject.

Today thanks to people like him I can bimble around Northern Ireland in relative safety, in an imperfect peace but a peace none the less.

All together now...

No Surrender!

Like others here I still remember the shock and disbelief.

The anger came sure enough a while later.

An act of cowardice and hate that has left a permanent scar.

The people who organised, sanctioned, approved and perpetrated this hate crime are now in government in the country they blighted and despised, and still do.

Go figure!

Like most I remember that day vividly, sitting here in Lisburn, stunned in front of our TV set.

The No Surrender mantra was chanted by many NI civilians as we got up for work next day, sick to the stomach but continued to work in Police stations and Army bases despite the threat of being murdered for doing so.

Sadly Enniskillen was, for my generation, the latest in a long line of horrific terrorist attacks up to that point including the Claudy Massacre, Bloody Friday, the Kings Mills Massacre, La Mon House and Darkley.

The murder of Lord Mountbatten in 1979 is also lodged in my memory along with the death of 4 soldiers in the Lisburn 'Fun Run' bombing of 1988.

Forgive me if I appear glib but I think a similar spirit is visible amongst the Rangers support. We appear to be under attack from every direction, and despite our differences the cry is no surrender!

I know D'Art served in the forces and his post stems from a deep understanding of the subject.

Today thanks to people like him I can bimble around Northern Ireland in relative safety, in an imperfect peace but a peace none the less.

All together now...

No Surrender!

No Surrender mate...I share your grief. WATP.

All together now...

No Surrender!

That's truly from the heart. I know exactly where you are coming from. Great post!

The apologists for the Irish Republican terrorist, sectarian cowards are still at their work and trying to rewrite their bloody, murderous history.

Thank you for posting here the reality of their shame.