so doesn't that compromise the independence of this site or is there a threat of someone litigating because of the article that is potentially, deemed offensive?

It doesn't compromise the independence of Gersnet, as the article is still published on our main site and out on the social media feeds, it's just not on the NewsNow portal like 99% of our published articles are. NewsNow simply aggregates Rangers news & articles and relevance is supposed to be automatically assessed, but generally I think 100% of our articles go on their Rangers news feed until someone complains and the odd article gets removed.

So who complains? Celtic supporters complain because the article in the Rangers 'section' is about them or Rangers supporters complain? I'm confused.

It's impossible to tell, but I know who I'd put money on being behind complaints when a Rangers site publishes an article which is predominantly about Celtic. These are just my opinions though. I'm not making any direct accusations.

Ask them to add it to the Celtic section then, or the Ajax one, or the Ross County section...

We shouldn't need to ask them to add it to sections it's relevant to though because that should happen automatically just like when a Celtic site (or Celtic minded site masquerading as neutral like Shitzine) writes about Rangers. Case in point: Muirhead's Shitzine site published an article about Morton half an hour ago and because the article content contains a mention of Nacho Novo it's been aggregated for the Rangers news feed. The same thing should technically have happened with Andy's article being farmed for the Celtic news feed, but unsurprisingly it's not on there either, so the only conclusion I can draw is that the article was completely pulled from NewsNow due to complaint/s.

TBH, it's not worth taking any further, it's just interesting to watch how things work and take note........