Over the past decade, I think it's increasingly been becoming the norm for things like this to happen. Ross County probably weighed up the pros and cons and decided it was better to just avoid the inevitable trouble and embarrassment the yahoos would cause them, but no matter what their decision had been either way, Ross County couldn't really win with this. Almost every club in the league must now dread the thought of being given a Remembrance Day (weekend) fixture against them.

Thats my take as well Zap - the Police match commander would have discussed this with club security pre-match.

Thats my take as well Zap - the Police match commander would have discussed this with club security pre-match.

Thankfully it's a battle they can never win, but you just know that they'll never give up causing disruption to Remembrance Day events and tributes because they don't have any shame, dignity, common sense or respect unless it's for their own narrow minded views. You have to feel sorry for all the good people in their support who they embarrass on a daily basis and just pity the entrenched simpletons.

This country has not the political will to tackle this grotesque club and a sizeable vile element in its support. The two main political parties in Scotland(labour & SNP) dare not say anything untoward against this grotesque club in case it affects their polling. Week after week the terrorism act is flouted by this sizeable element showing its support for outlawed terrorist organisations. What gets done ? absolutely nothing. The top law officer in Scotland is supposedly a season-ticket holder of theirs. What does he see or hear ? Or does he pretend to ignore?

So don't be too surprised at their actions on Remembrance Sunday. It's expected now but as I said there is no political will to tackle this issue or others with this 'anti-British underclass' which VB recently described so well.

Problem I have with Remembrance Days is that they no longer seem to be just about the two World Wars; it seems to have turned into support for 'our boys' /'our heroes' regardless of which conflict they are in. Indeed, a minutes's silence at football matches is a comparatively recent event.

I just cannot give an unconditional support to our armed forces when we hear of a soldier breaking the Geneva convention to execute a prisoner in a country where the UK should never have been. They are not heroes to me and I resent the hijacking of the poppy to include all of the UK's foreign misadventures.

For me the poppy symbolises the senseless waste of young lives engineered by parasitic ruling classes in 1914. My grandfather volunteered at 16 . We would not have had to endure WW1l if it were not for the crippling terms imposed on Germany at Versailles.

I usually avoid commenting on these kinds of threads on the day itself because I know I am very much in a minority, and have no wish to hurt the feelings of anyone else at a sensitive time.

But this politicising of the poppy seems like a red herring to me, as much as I respect AlexScott's opinion above. You don't have to buy into the standard media ideal to observe a minute' silence. If you don't agree with bits of it, disagree after the day and don't disrupt those who have no issue with it. I had a lovely two minutes in my garden this morning, thinking about the family members who fell during WW2 and the effects that had on my beloved Grannies. Beautiful crisp sunshine and another 12 hardwood rose cuttings planted in all their memories. That does for me.

I didn't go to any official ceremony, but there was no need to poke them in the eye either. Observing good manners is not an endorsement of military crimes, it really isn't.

Edited by andy steel

I think that Andy's comments do it for me. You don't have to fully agree with Britain's stance in world wars and any subsequent events that may have been termed as a war, it isn't all about being a supporter or not. The vast majority of those who have died are people very similar to us, could have lived in the next close, in the floor above, floor below, the house next door, the next street, they're from our communities. Undoubtedly these men and women are from a variety of religions.

However, through all of these events these soldiers are on those battlefields giving up their lives to make ours better and particularly in the world wars; every person within our islands has benefitted by their sacrifice, including those witnessing the game at Ross County yesterday, even if they're removed by a generation or 2 or 3.

I, through my boys playing football and rugby this weekend, stood through three minute silences this weekend and all immaculately observed, and I can't understand why a silence can't be observed, even when some people have a reason to disagree, it is not difficult to shut up for 60 seconds, and you can show your disagreement though a number of mediums/forms outside of that single minute, the reason you can is because so many, gave so much to allow you that freedom of opinion.

I think that is a convienent excuse for those who propagate it Andy.

Actually on second thoughts perhaps smokescreen is a better term.

I disagree a bit' date=' I think Alexscott's point about expecting support for the forces as a whole being forthcoming - and being visibly forthcoming, or else - is a valid and unsettling one & I don't like it one bit. My issue is with the expression of such a dissenting view [i']during[/i] Remembrance Sunday itself - I just think that is being rude to those people who don't swallow the media line but for whatever private reasons of their own find solace in the two minute's silence.

There is a legitimate debate to be had, but surely not on this day of all days.

I've seen it reported that St Johnstone, Hibs and Thistle didn't hold minute's silences either, can anyone confirm that?

Of all the clubs in the SPL I think Ross County are the least likely to kowtow to Celtic. They aren't reliant on anyone else's money and have shown they are capable of standing up to Celtic and the league in the past. Plus support for the armed services tends to run pretty deep in towns like Dingwall in my experience, I can't see some Glaswegian being able to convince them to drop their minutes silence. I know it's very suspicious but don't be surprised if this does turn out to be a further example of the amateur way our game is now run.