I'm not sure they did actually say that, a mix up in who was responsible for it seemed to be the issue, although that might be an excuse. I was under the impression it was pressure from Celtic most people were blaming rather than forgetfulness.

I think that is the point though AMMS - rather than print the truth of why they didnt hold the silence. they have fabricated a story suggesting it was an oversight due to staff changes - rather than admit its due to the moronic behaviour of a minority.

I think that makes it a double whammy - not only are they acquiescing to unruly behaviour but in addition they are fabricating statements to excuse it.

Fucking hell, that lad made a great speech at the OU. Though I'd have left out the bit about the 'rancid uniform', you'll never persuade people with that sort of talk. I must see what Rory Stewart and Malcolm Rifkind came up with in reply.

I don't want to heavily get into the rights and wrongs of particular wars but the Taliban aren't an enemy? Seriously?

Certainly the Taliban are and were a horrible lot of religious fundamentalists who absolute destruction would make the world a better place.

But by going in there and trying to destroy them, for whatever reason, all we've done is guarantee violence and terror on the streets of Britain for the next one or two generations, as revenge is sought. I've argued this for ten years now & tho I didn't expect it to appear in the horrific attack we saw in London earlier this year, the point is valid. They may be an enemy of humanity but our method of dealing with them is totally counter-productive, unles we count the opium production figures released this morning. Remind you of nothing so much as Jardine & Mathieson bombing the Chinese until they accepted our opium deliveries.

For me, the main people who make remembrance political/point scoring etc are the ones who moan about how it's political/point scoring.

People used to make the same point when the signing bar policy was raised - 'you're the only one talking about religion'. It was an evasive cop out then & it's an evasive cop out today.

Edited by andy steel

But by going in there and trying to destroy them, for whatever reason, all we've done is guarantee violence and terror on the streets of Britain for the next one or two generations, as revenge is sought.

Exactly, and what does that lead to - Martial law and more control! There is a good chance the crimes on the streets of Woolwich earlier in the year were staged. I have read a bit about it but not enough, hence why I say "might' have been staged.

I'll ask again. Why are we in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban?

Afghan heroin production has risen 40% in the period since the US and UK have been on the ground. Street price has never been lower and quality has never been higher.

#conspiracyloyal

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/10/14066.html

Edited by Juancornetto

Seems a bit like the question, why are we fighting the IRA? Seems very similar to me.

Well, of course it seems similar But that's only because you've kept the question syntax and simply replaced "The Taliban" for "the IRA".

It's the answer that's very, very different.

But a simple Google will give the main answers - whether you agree with them or not.

Really? I haven't been able to find the reason we're in Afghanistan from Google, or from HMG or, now, even from Gersnet.

Ach, well, i'll keep looking - no doubt somebody will bring me up to speed sometime.