Police are investigating whether former owner Craig Whyte is still involved at Rangers.

And they have written to the former chief executive Charles Green to ask for his help in their enquiries.

Green stood down from his position in April following allegations he colluded with Whyte to buy Rangers' assets.

An investigation funded by Rangers cleared Green of any wrongdoing but Police Scotland have been passed files by the law firm who carried it out.

And BBC Scotland has seen an email sent by police last month to a lawyer representing Green.

Green resigned after Whyte alleged the pair colluded in the sale of the Ibrox club's assets after a period of administration.

Rangers asked the law firm Pinsent Masons to investigate those claims - and though they found no evidence, they have passed files to Police Scotland, who in turn have asked Green for his version of events.

Police Scotland will not comment on ongoing investigations.

A source close to Green told BBC Scotland that he is co-operating with police, while a similarly placed source for Whyte says police have not contacted the former owner on the matter.

The investigation is being carried out by Police Scotland's Economic Crime Unit and they also want to speak to Green about a document submitted to Companies House.

This document lies at the heart of Whyte's claim that he and Green were working together.

When the Scottish Football Association transferred the liquidated company's membership to a new company "the key requirement" was the total lack of involvement of Whyte.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24904369

chucks gona get the jail

He is or he isnt what people want is irrelevant.

It's not really. The whole country wanted our £100m odd tax bill to be true and HMRC became main creditor during administration even though in reality they were not the biggest creditor. They wanted us and they got us.

Fwiw, i believe Whyte is still involved and i fully expect another administration event sometime soon, perhaps around Christmas or shortly after.

Here comes the prophet of doom...

I think we've had it.

I think they are going to discover links, and invalidate everything that the club has won since Whyte's take over.

I think they will then put to a vote whether or not to impose a fresh demotion to L2 or whether to plump for explusion entirely.

Expulsion would only be a positive if we could sneak in somewhere else, otherwise it means playing in the juniors.

And as I keep saying, I think the people behind this have been Tims since Murray sold up.

Duped, you certainly were.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

It's not really. The whole country wanted our £100m odd tax bill to be true and HMRC became main creditor during administration even though in reality they were not the biggest creditor. They wanted us and they got us.

Fwiw, i believe Whyte is still involved and i fully expect another administration event sometime soon, perhaps around Christmas or shortly after.

Who were our biggest creditors?