Maurice Edu and Kyle Bartley 'shocked' by racist tweets

Guest Night Owl

I always like to think Bartley is sitting there counting his dollar bills and smoking a cigar while Edu is squinting his eyes through a lens as he checks his diamonds for purity.

Why no mention of the fact that he is a Celtic supporter in the article? You can be sure that it would be in the headlines if it had been a Rangers fan sending out racist messages!

Their censorship of all things negative towards Celtic, is as powerful as their anti-Rangers propaganda.

Why no mention of the fact that he is a Celtic supporter in the article? You can be sure that it would be in the headlines if it had been a Rangers fan sending out racist messages!

It's also slightly odd that, although both were Rangers players at the time of the abuse, neither is pictured wearing a Rangers strip.

Now, if I believed in conspiracies, I might think this is another example of the portrayal of Rangers as aggressors and Celtic as victims. If a Rangers player or fan is actually the victim, then all steps must be taken to minimise the fact of their Rangerness or Bluenosery.

Even the way the report is written could be construed as a Rangers fan attacking his own players.