I watched quite a few of Vancouver's games in the MLS. I think Kenny still has the stamina to run all day but is slowing down a bit as the match wears on. Where he stood out was in his ability to make runs through the defence, but in a lot of cases he never got the pass. He was also very good at collecting a forward ball and holding up play. He especially showed his experience in attempting to make an intelligent defence-splitting pass but in a lot of instances he was way ahead of his colleagues who didn't see the possibilities of the pass. A wee bit like Ralphie Brand in his day.

I hope one or two are excluded from that list, namely Naismith and Whittaker.

The more transfer windows that pass the older Miller gets and Ive always been a fan of him but he has already lost a yard of pace and having knee operations isn't going to make him any quicker. I wouldn't like him to come back and have a bit of a poor spell.

Anyone else notice Whittaker has had a hair transplant since his move south?

We still know it's you, baldy.

Anyone else notice Whittaker has had a hair transplant since his move south?

We still know it's you, baldy.

When he eventually gets a game I'll have a look.

He doesn't deserve to sit in Ibrox or train in at Murray Pk again.

Apparently Miller wants to finish his career at Hibs but wasn't too enthused when they asked him to play for next to nothing. Mercenary about covers it.

As does 'professional'. Why should he play for nothing?

In the unlikely event of Ally needing an overweight, unfit 42 year old who could hardly get a game for his BB - what were they called, units? platoons? Christ, my memory is going - to fill in at right back, even I would still require payment.

As does 'professional'. Why should he play for nothing?

In the unlikely event of Ally needing an overweight, unfit 42 year old who could hardly get a game for his BB - what were they called, units? platoons? Christ, my memory is going - to fill in at right back, even I would still require payment.

I wasn't being absolutely serious... ;)

It's just that Kenny supposedly goes on about his love for Hibs and preaches about the sentiment of finishing his career where he started but, even as a very rich young man, he still wants top dollar for his professionalism. Hence why he'd bump Hibs in favour of a move back to Rangers for a few extra grand a week. C'est la vie; no al calcio moderno etc but the bold Kenneth is a mercenary. How else can you explain someone who plays for both sides of the Old Firm?

But Miller has taken over from Robbie Fowler in the sense we are signing him during every window.

IMO this January is the last chance both parties have in coming to an agreement.

As mentioned, he will do well for the next 18months and Id take him.

Given that we "only" have Clark, Daly and McCulloch as recognized strikers at the moment, with Little out till next year, who knows. His experience would sure help us next season, which I expect to be the most difficult on our way back. Still, McCoist could also utilize folk he has on the squad list here, Templeton, McKay, Crawford or youngsters like Hardy, Ogen or Stoney. He'll never get a better chance than to test and trial these chaps than this season. Once the "real stuff" sets in, we will sure revert to the more traditional Rangers recruiting strategies ...