Yes, let's sit back while others treat the Rangers as a figure of fun...that will never meet will approval on a Rangers forum.

Let's see Jack Irvine(I presume it is he who released the statement) go after liewell and let's see him earn some of the excessive amounts of money he's been getting from the club

Yes, let's sit back while others treat the Rangers as a figure of fun...that will never meet will approval on a Rangers forum.

Had Rangers released the following statement 'We're delighted to note that Celtic shareholders and their Chief Executive retain a huge interest in Rangers, some things will never change.' we'd have humiliated Lawwell and made our point at the same time.

Once we start beating them again we wont care what they say.

I think we will you know. They'll continue to invent even more lies as we climb our way back to the top.

Here is an opportunity to force Liewell into making a statement that we're not the same club. We might want to get Rhegan to make a similar statement while we're at it.

Imagine the meltdown amongst the green'n'grey poops if that happened.................

Liewell's unleashed a tiger which could turn to maul him(and hopefully a few others too)

Had Rangers released the following statement 'We're delighted to note that Celtic shareholders and their Chief Executive retain a huge interest in Rangers, some things will never change.' we'd have humiliated Lawwell and made our point at the same time.

That's your statement...I prefer what was officially put out.

Liewell's statement was about us being a new club but pretending to be or impersonating an old club.

There was no old club or new club. The SFA transfered our membership from oldco to newco. The club continued as both the SFA & SPFL have acknowledged (see SPFL website).

As a member of the SFA PGB Liewell should know this. If he doesn't he shouldn't be there. Get him to retract his inference today or pursue him thro' the courts. His position would be most certainly untenable by then.

Do you think this will stop them then? Nothing will happen here, everyone who isn't a Rangers fan thinks this is funny and our reaction to it is even funnier. We can complain and I agree with those who say Lawwell should never have said it, he shouldn't he should know better, but it was a Tim who asked the question at their AGM. They ask questions about Rangers at the Celtic AGM, but as long as we keep reacting to it they'll keep pushing it.

If you don't care what Lawwell or Celtic think, why would you care what other teams think? This guy has to be harnessed. I agree with TRP in that he should be made to resign or make a public retraction of his remark. Where did the dignified silence get us in the past? Let them keep pushing but I would say that they should be made to feel that pushback is a bitch.

Guest Night Owl

I'm more interested in our up coming AGM , than I'am in his attempt to deflect attention away from his own club for some weird reason..... Didn't their annual figures just come out ?

Liewell's statement was about us being a new club but pretending to be or impersonating an old club.

There was no old club or new club. The SFA transfered our membership from oldco to newco. The club continued as both the SFA & SPFL have acknowledged (see SPFL website).

As a member of the SFA PGB Liewell should know this. If he doesn't he shouldn't be there. Get him to retract his inference today or pursue him thro' the courts. His position would be most certainly untenable by then.

Or, you know, we could laugh it off and treat it with the contempt it deserves.

If you don't care what Lawwell or Celtic think, why would you care what other teams think?

What?

This guy has to be harnessed. I agree with TRP in that he should be made to resign or make a public retraction of his remark. Where did the dignified silence get us in the past? Let them keep pushing but I would say that they should be made to feel that pushback is a bitch.

It was a remark to Tims at the Tim agm, good luck getting him to resign, you've no chance.