Disturbing air of people trying to accomodate liewwell's comment, thankfully it was fully addressed on Rangerschat tonight without fear or favour.

It was your boys Whyte and Green that reduced us to a a laughing stock in the first place

Make no mistake, the Yahoos have the authorities and the media under the cosh. You need not to be paranoid or wear blue glasses to see that. And be it their support or their head-dolt, they stretch the limits of what they get away with each and every day. If the clubs lets somesuch go unnoticed, they score another vital hit and set another precedent. You would hope that folk like the Easdales - out of self-interest re the board battle, or because they are of that nature - should actively threaten to take the SFA to court if they don't sort this out. For how long will it be before Lawwell gets his SFA-cohorts in line and revoke their own history statements? Unplausible? In modern day Scotland?

If anything, the RFFF should snatch up a decent QC and sue Lawwell directly for bring our name into disrepute. This is no tit-for-tat cynical banter any longer.

Context is all and the context is as follows:

Champions of Scotland, Cash rich, Champions League playing Celtic hold their AGM and the CEO uses it as a platform to deride the club's oldest rivals against a back drop of rampant anti-British, anti-Rangers bigotry. Not only does he represent his club but he also holds a senior and powerful position in the governance of the sport in the country.

The people who are so desperate to sign up souls to the flat earth society, no matter how credible or detached from reality take equal responsibility in my view but Peter Lawell must be held accountable. It's not as if he's a stupid man, he's masterminded Celtic's current healthy position.

Given that, his role in the 5 way agreement must also be examined. Far from having a "stand alone" strategy, his business strategy seems to include marketing his own club to it's fan base by defending violent thuggery and whipping up an already tense rivalry with crass remarks contradicting his own organisations public and documented views.

Rangers need to demand a full retraction and apology or launch a legal suit. If a link to the share price falling or stalling can be established then we'd have a clear case for corporate defamation. I'd also love to sit down with a qualified anti-competition lawyer and discuss what Peter's position and behaviour means under the new laws. The fine can be as much multiples of your turnover.

That might wipe the perma-smirk off his fat chops!

Edited by Juancornetto
gramer :-)

Context is all and the context is as follows:

Champions of Scotland, Cash rich, Champions League playing Celtic hold their AGM and the CEO uses it as a platform to deride the club's oldest rivals against a back drop of rampant anti-British, anti-Rangers bigotry. Not only does he represent his club but he also holds a senior and powerful position in the governance of the sport in the country.

The people who are so desperate to sign up souls to the flat earth society, no matter how credible or detached from reality take equal responsibility in my view but Peter Lawell must be held accountable. It's not as if he's a stupid man, he's masterminded Celtic's current healthy position.

Given that, his role in the 5 way agreement must also be examined. Far from having a "stand alone" strategy, his business strategy seems to include marketing his own club to it's fan base by defending violent thuggery and whipping up an already tense rivalry with crass remarks contradicting his own organisations public and documented views.

Rangers need to demand a full retraction and apology or launch a legal suit. If a link to the share price falling or stalling can be established then we'd have a clear case for corporate defamation. I'd also love to sit down with a qualified anti-competition lawyer and discuss what Peter's position and behaviour means under the new laws. The fine can be as much multiples of your turnover.

That might wipe the perma-smirk off his fat chops!

Get into contact with the RFFF and pronto!

I will say against Lawwell that when the two clubs do eventually meet again, remarks like his won't help it go without incident.

There will be no point claiming after the event right of free speech or anything - overheating the engine will only lead to one thing. I remember saying to a fellow poster months ago that the preview article of the first game against them writes it own title: There Will Be Blood.

I will say against Lawwell that when the two clubs do eventually meet again, remarks like his won't help it go without incident.

There will be no point claiming after the event right of free speech or anything - overheating the engine will only lead to one thing. I remember saying to a fellow poster months ago that the preview article of the first game against them writes it own title: There Will Be Blood.

I honestly think this is exactly what the mHedia would love to happen!, and this is why Lieswell is so wrong to be making classless,stupid lies to pander to his hordes!, the SFA really should come out and condemn him or they too will be stoking the flames.

Celtic AGM: Boss Neil Lennon and chief executive Peter Lawwell's 'blue' humour goes down well at Parkhead

16 Nov 2013 10:35

GAFFER Lennon and chief Lawwell were at the wind up yesterday as they entertained 3000 Hoops fans at the club's AGM.

CELTIC chiefs played it for laughs at the club’s agm yesterday and the 3000 crowd lapped it up.

But while Rangers – the butt of many of their jokes – failed to see the funny side, the Celtic shareholders were rolling in the aisles as the euphoria surrounding the club continued.

The gags might have kept the punters in a light-hearted mood but serious topics such as the trouble in Amsterdam, Joe Ledley’s contract situation and the possible introduction of the living wage at Celtic ensured it wasn’t a comic convention.

Chief executive Peter Lawwell and chairman Ian Bankier took centre stage, hosting a top table that included manager Neil Lennon but not majority shareholder Dermot Desmond.

Desmond’s non-appearance was instantly forgotten, though, as Bankier started the ball rolling with a dig at Rangers while introducing new peer Ewan Livingston, part of the club’s audit commission.

The chairman said: “Ian has been elevated to the House of Lords and has taken the title of Lord Livingston of Parkhead. I thought he would go with Lord Livingston of Ibrox – so he could lord it over Rangers.”

Not to be outdone, Lawwell caused the day’s biggest talking point when one shareholder expressed frustration that so many people were happy to pretend Rangers were the same club despite being liquidated.

When Bankier asked if his chief executive had anything to say on the matter, Lawwell said: “Rory Bremner can pretend to be Tony Blair ...”

Pressed on his response afterwards, the Hoops chief said: “That was the first question about resolution 12 and I was just injecting a wee bit of humour into proceedings.”

The punters were loving it, although there was something a little strange about the fact Rangers were dominating the agenda of a Celtic agm.

Clearly warming to his theme, Bankier couldn’t resist yet another sideswipe.

When asked about financial governance and whether Celtic owned all their own assets, the chairman confirmed they did, then added: “But I’m not going to show you the title deeds.”

The audience were loving the jokes but things eventually got serious and the subject of Amsterdam and the trouble at Celtic’s clash with Ajax was no laughing matter.

There remains a real sense of anger towards the Dutch police from Hoops fans who clearly feel they were mistreated.

Bankier was keen to call for calm ahead of the club’s next foray into Europe. He said: “I would make an appeal and say that violence is like a genie. When you let it out of the bottle, it’s hard to get it in again.

“We must not go back into Europe feeling paranoid, belligerent, tooled up and ready for action. We must go back with our reputation of being the good guys.”

Whether it is Champions League or Premier League, Bankier clearly believes that, with or without Rangers for competition, there will be no halting the Celtic juggernaut.

He said: “We have a definite plan and model – it’s about living within our means but doing the best we can in terms of spending on firepower.

“We have to qualify again for the Champions League. If we can do that, it will be the third year in succession. That has a tremendous impact on the financial power of Celtic.

“I would love to see this club become one of the main players on the world stage.

“There is a tremendous romance attached to the club, we put smiles on people’s faces all over the world, we’ve got a tremendous attitude to life, humour and social

responsibility. Together with football success, that makes us unstoppable.

“The momentum we’ve built up in the last three to five years is formidable.

“With luck on our side and success on the field, we will be nothing short of unstoppable.”

However, just when it appeared the board would continue to have the fans eating out of their hands, the momentum built up by them was slightly lost near the end of proceedings. Jeanette Findlay of the Celtic Trust put forward a resolution calling for Celtic to become a Living Wage Employer and ensure every member of staff is paid at least the minimum £7.60 an hour.

Her proposal was originally knocked back by the Parkhead board, although she was given a standing ovation and unanimous backing from the floor. She will now await the outcome of a vote next week to find out whether the motion will be rubber-stamped.

Findlay said: “When the plc board decided not to take action, I can honestly say it was the lowest point in my Celtic supporting career.

“The rich men sitting up there decided they will not put in a commitment to pay this wage.

“How disgusting. It is the grubbiest, most divisive decision ever taken by a Celtic board.”

Proceedings were wrapped up with a fitting tribute to Billy McNeill, who was honoured with a special dinner last night, although not before one punter commandeered a microphone to grill manager Neil Lennon on why Charlie Mulgrew was taking Celtic’s corner kicks.

It was that kind of day.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-agm-boss-neil-lennon-2798189