I would like us to pay certain debts but not all. Firstly, HMRC had the choice of about £10m more than they were actually owed, or several pounds of flesh. They chose the latter and as such have been paid in full, case closed. Secondly, I don't see Ticketus as a Rangers creditor, they are a Craig Whyte creditor and their beef is with him.

I think the problem with the other creditors is that we are run by self serving businessmen who I can't see having any concept of paying off the old company's debts.

That leaves us the fans to organise a fund for paying at least as a start the smaller creditors who are not institutions. I would be willing to contribute an amount that if multiplied by say 10k people, would cover a significant number. Say 25-50 quid each.

But I can only see it working if it gets that size of backing and is organised by someone we can trust with the money.

I'll have to duck that issue - I'm afraid I'm at a disadvantage when the context of 'Follow We Will' is raised as I haven't read it.

Andy you should make a point of ensuring you do - although I cant guarantee that you wont be angry at some of it. A Perfect Storm - the chapter by John Gow is a must read.

It is never possible to negotiate from a position of weakness. If you try then the negotiations quickly become a diktat

It would appear that we shall be in a position of weakness for a few seasons yet ...

"Membership of the SPL automatically confers SFA membership. Membership of the SFL does not.

Under Article 6.3 a club desiring full SFA membership must first become an associate member. A club can only be admitted as an associate member if it complies with, and undertakes to continue to comply with, the Membership Criteria.

Once an associate member has been such for five years, it can apply for full membership."

To paraphrase the criteria, we more or less have to keep our nose clean and not rock the boat. In effect it means that we do what Ally has been doing, make friends on the way back. Actions like the Lawwell complaint could in fact hurt us.

Almost helpless comes to mind. We have to bind our time with almost a full ledger.