Easily our biggest problem position. Even more so than right back (which is our second biggest issue).

Aird should never have been dropped. He wasn't fantastic in the last game. But he was significantly better than piss poor which is what Peralta usually provides. It may well be that it's not his fault as he's out of position and that's fine. But it doesn't change the fact that we have at least one other player who looks more effective there.

Aird's performance in the previous game was significantly better than anything Peralta has shown up and again when he came on yesterday he added more than the Honduran. The only good thing I remember Peralta doing was one time he chased back with an attacker and won the ball back.

I get really pissed off with people bashing the likes of Little more than his performances deserve but for me it is as clear as day, we are a better team with Aird (or one of the other options) playing instead of Peralta.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving Peralta a few games at right back as I'm not convinced by Faure there either.

We need to stop this habit of negative team selections though. The only reason I can think Peralta gets played is he is thought to be more solid, more defensively capable than an Aird or McKay. But if you watch him his positioning is poor, he isn't strong on the ball or in the challenge and he doesn't contribute fantastically to our defensive outlook. That's a myth. He was ridiculously easily bumped off the ball in the first half.

Aird simply has to start next time out on recent performances. We look a much better, more balanced, creative and incisive team.

Templeton.....

Yep. Or Aird. Or McKay. Crawford was quiet in that position but equally as effective as Peralta at right mid. I am baffled by his signing if he was bought for right mid. I am equally baffled how he keeps his place.

If one of the young scots boys was serving up the performances he has they would not still be getting played.

I agree, whatever he is supposed to be, Peralta isn't a right midfielder. The problem is deeper - Faure isn't a right back, and whatever else he brings to the team, McCulloch isn't a center half. As for Moshni - I'll have a pint of whatever he was on yesterday!

It is somewhat sad that McCoist does not adapt his team with regard to opposition and venue. Peralta is sure a decent enough player and can whip in some dangerous crosses, has pace and all. Still, as we saw yesterday, a pacy, stubborn and strong defender can minimalize the Honduran's efforts. Ally should see that and put a Crawford or Aird out there, both of whom are physically stronger. Peralta is, by "nature", a central midfield player and sure has a good shot, pace and technical ability to be of great value to us. I would actually rotate him with Macleod and Law in that position (with no particular preference). Likewise, I'd put Little and Templeton - if available - in the inside right and left slots respectively, at least at home and against not-too-strong opponents. Yesterday, I noted that once Wallace went on his many runs, we quickly reverted to a 3-5-2 and were still doing comfortably against the Bairns (even though I would not trust McCulloch being up to the threats a top level player would pose). Hence I would hope that Ally uses some of our home games to go for e.g.

Bell

Faure - Mohsni - Wallace

Black

Little - Peralta - Law - Templeton

Clark - Daly

That line-up is made for pace, not exactly work. You could obviously wear and tear opponents down for 60 minutes with Ally's "solid midfield" and switch to the line-up above from then on, picking tiring opponents off. In any case, some more flexibility and creativity wouldn't go amiss ... despite all the achievements we had on the park thus far.

NB: Mohsni ... well, we all remember Bougherra, don't we? He sure is of that ilk ...

There are several positions we need fixed. After all those signings, all that money squandered we still have at least 5 problem positions within the team. For me, right back is just as bad as right midfield, Jig at centre back is just as big a problem as right midfield, MacLeod out of position is just as bad as the other flank, it's simple things that are obvious from the outside looking in. Can anyone honestly see the manager dropping McCulloch, Peralta or MacLeod for any period of time? He doesn't have the balls. A proper centre back for Jig, a proper right back for Faure and Foster, 2 attack minded wide men for AP and LM and the whole dynamics of the team change. We can then play 4-4-2/4-2-4 on the front foot. I would also drop Black.

There are several positions we need fixed. After all those signings, all that money squandered we still have at least 5 problem positions within the team. For me, right back is just as bad as right midfield, Jig at centre back is just as big a problem as right midfield, MacLeod out of position is just as bad as the other flank, it's simple things that are obvious from the outside looking in. Can anyone honestly see the manager dropping McCulloch, Peralta or MacLeod for any period of time? He doesn't have the balls. A proper centre back for Jig, a proper right back for Faure and Foster, 2 attack minded wide men for AP and LM and the whole dynamics of the team change. We can then play 4-4-2/4-2-4 on the front foot. I would also drop Black.

Right back I can give you. But it's utter nonsense to suggest that CB and LM are equally as big an issue as the right mid/back roles. Yes we could have better options and better balance in these positions too, but McCulloch and McLeod consistently put in at least decent performances and there is no way in hell anyone can honestly believe that right midfield is not a bigger issue for us right now.

I would say nearly every game this is where we consistently get if not the worst contribution, then one of the worst. It may not be the players fault, he may be out of position or struggling with a change of country, culture and language. Regardless, his performances are not up to scratch and if he needs more time to settle in or to be played elsewhere then rest him until this is possible. If, as is sometimes suggested, his best position is centre mid then I cant see him ever being good enough for a regular game as Black, Law, and McLeod all seem better options.

Right back I can give you. But it's utter nonsense to suggest that CB and LM are equally as big an issue as the right mid/back roles. Yes we could have better options and better balance in these positions too, but McCulloch and McLeod consistently put in at least decent performances and there is no way in hell anyone can honestly believe that right midfield is not a bigger issue for us right now.

I would say nearly every game this is where we consistently get if not the worst contribution, then one of the worst. It may not be the players fault, he may be out of position or struggling with a change of country, culture and language. Regardless, his performances are not up to scratch and if he needs more time to settle in or to be played elsewhere then rest him until this is possible. If, as is sometimes suggested, his best position is centre mid then I cant see him ever being good enough for a regular game as Black, Law, and McLeod all seem better options.

In your opinion. Let's leave the hyperbole for elsewhere. I would argue with "at least decent performances" all day long. More hyperbole.

If he isn't better than what we have why did we sign him? Are we going back to the days of financial mistakes and signing passengers? Ally can ill afford many more mistakes in the transfer market!

For me, Peralta was an ego signing. A dreadful signing.

The biggest issue with Peralta is he hasn't played any better than Crawford yet is probably on 4x the wage. A disgrace. Trawling across the world to find players who are no better than youths already on the books. Unforgivable for me.