I don't mind Law and Black in the middle of the park, think they complement one another and McLeod, being quality, can play anywhere in the midfield and links up very well with Wallace.

I've read that Crawford displays well in training but I've not seen him perform well for Rangers, would love to see it happen, but not witnessed it yet. I've definitely seen some good flashes from Peralta but agree he is at best, currently, a substitute. Worth giving Aird a run out right, but he needs to work harder in tucking in and working back when we or he loses the ball. That is the hard graft for young players, he doesn't display that yet.

Jig is good enough to get us to the end of the season and that guys appetite, experience, given his age, works for us in div 1, plus his goal tally as well. Too many Jig knockers, he puts it in for us.

The biggest issue with Peralta is he hasn't played any better than Crawford yet is probably on 4x the wage. A disgrace. Trawling across the world to find players who are no better than youths already on the books. Unforgivable for me.

Hindsight is a wonderful trait huh....

sandaza, shiels, tempelton, s smith, cribari it's not hindsight we need its better scoutng or coaching.

Now wait, these poor man's players came to us to play fourth divi football! (All for the money, of course.) Heck, you missed out Black in there! Hindsight might also tell someone that our few remaining youngsters would have been good enough to win the SFL 3. No doubt about that.

Just in case, all the above drips with sarcasm. We blooded more than a dozen youngsters last season, quite a few out of necessity. We all saw that without experienced players leading the line, the feeling of actually watching a team of Rangers' standard was not there. This was changed during the summer. We are sure not there yet, but to think that all the stars always provided us with champagne football throughout even the NIAR seasons is stretching it. We are on our way back, 18 games unbeaten away from home, just about to break a record that stands for more than 100 years and have not shed a single league point throughout the season. Maybe we should give the team and the manager a little restbite, shall we not?