That is all he knows. Look at his signings and he is desperate to spend again. Short-termism at it's finest.

Aw, c'mon man is that really fair? Last year we were forced to play a lot more young players than we wanted to and you seen the standard of play. Most games were a bombscare. You never knew which side of the players were going to turn up. Youth means inconsistency. Sure we won the league convincingly, but that should not have been and was not that hard. We took a small step up this season and have lost just one game all season. Most games we have come to expect to win. This feels better. The cost has been virtually nothing - except wages.

We watched the game against Falkirk and realised that what Ally has been saying is true. We need a few more good, reasonably experienced players for the next stage. This season we may reach the semis before that point is driven home emphatically. So far the board have not given Ally a budget to buy good players, too busy making payoffs to the spivs. If this board prove to be as good as their CV's then we may see a couple of signings in each of the next three windows, perhaps some will be young up-and-comers. Before you start telling me about the good young players in some of the SPL teams, remind me if that league is competitive or is it a one-horse race?

Aw, c'mon man is that really fair? Last year we were forced to play a lot more young players than we wanted to and you seen the standard of play. Most games were a bombscare. You never knew which side of the players were going to turn up. Youth means inconsistency. Sure we won the league convincingly, but that should not have been and was not that hard. We took a small step up this season and have lost just one game all season. Most games we have come to expect to

win. This feels better. The cost has been virtually nothing - except wages.

We watched the game against Falkirk and realised that what Ally has been saying is true. We need a few more good, reasonably experienced players for the next stage. This season we may reach the semis before that point is driven home emphatically. So far the board have not given Ally a budget to buy good players, too busy making payoffs to the spivs. If this board prove to be as good as their CV's then we may see a couple of signings in each of the next three windows, perhaps some will be young up-and-comers.

Before you start telling me about the good young players in some of the SPL teams, remind me if that league is competitive or is it a one-horse race?

We need to remember that providing there's no more reconstruction we should be returning to the top division in eighteen months time.Therefore it's vital we get a team in place before then so as we're not going round making panic signings at the last minute.Players we need should be getting identified now. Whether a lot of the youngsters will be part of our first team squad by then remains to be seen.

Aw, c'mon man 1)is that really fair? Last year we were forced to play a lot more young players than we wanted to and you seen the standard of play. Most games were a bombscare. You never knew which side of the players were going to turn up. Youth means inconsistency. Sure we won the league convincingly, but that should not have been and was not that hard. We took a small step up this season and have lost just one game all season. Most games we have come to expect to win. This feels better. 2)The cost has been virtually nothing - except wages.

We watched the game against Falkirk and realised that 3)what Ally has been saying is true. We need a few more good, reasonably experienced players for the next stage. This season we may reach the semis before that point is driven home emphatically. So far the board have not given Ally a budget to buy good players, too busy making payoffs to the spivs. If this board prove to be as good as their CV's then we may see a couple of signings in each of the next three windows, perhaps some will be young up-and-comers. 4)Before you start telling me about the good young players in some of the SPL teams, remind me if that league is competitive or is it a one-horse race?

1)I think so. Why is it more than we wanted to? Why did we not want to blood our kids in a league we had won before a ball was kicked?

2)The cost has been enormous. Around £1m in fees since newco and over £15m in wages since we newco'd too. Huge sums no other team in the country could afford with the obviosu one exception.

3)Why though? Is what we have seriously not enough?

4) How do you know what i was going to say? In any case to suggest guys like Stuart Armstrong, Mackay-Stevens and Ryan Gauld would not improve our team is silly. Of course they would and need i remind you that the captain of the top team in that one horse race once graced the shirt of a provincial SPL club?

So yeah, i think i am being fair and i don't think you addressed my post you quoted properly either.

Aw, c'mon man is that really fair? Last year we were forced to play a lot more young players than we wanted to and you seen the standard of play. Most games were a bombscare. You never knew which side of the players were going to turn up. Youth means inconsistency. Sure we won the league convincingly, but that should not have been and was not that hard. We took a small step up this season and have lost just one game all season. Most games we have come to expect to win. This feels better. The cost has been virtually nothing - except wages.

We watched the game against Falkirk and realised that what Ally has been saying is true. We need a few more good, reasonably experienced players for the next stage. This season we may reach the semis before that point is driven home emphatically. So far the board have not given Ally a budget to buy good players, too busy making payoffs to the spivs. If this board prove to be as good as their CV's then we may see a couple of signings in each of the next three windows, perhaps some will be young up-and-comers. Before you start telling me about the good young players in some of the SPL teams, remind me if that league is competitive or is it a one-horse race?

Plenty teams across Europe seem to achieve consistency with young teams.

Youth means inconsistency with Ally because he's a terrible manager that needs to have a team of established SPL players to beat teams in the third tier.

The fact of the matter is even when the leave is officially won, we will still not be playing youth players. Walter, Eck etc all did the same.

We need to remember that providing there's no more reconstruction we should be returning to the top division in eighteen months time.Therefore it's vital we get a team in place before then so as we're not going round making panic signings at the last minute.Players we need should be getting identified now. Whether a lot of the youngsters will be part of our first team squad by then remains to be seen.

When then Rab because the players we need to win the SPL we cannot afford as a Championship club nor will they want to spend 1 year in the lower leagues? It simply will not happen.

It's funny because it's the short term spend, spend, spend approach that means we will have to make panic signings when we get back to the top. It is absolutely inevitable because very few of our players would be any use against Celtic.

Whereas if we had started building a young, attacking team 18 months ago, they might be ready to hit the ground running at the top.

It's funny because it's the short term spend, spend, spend approach that means we will have to make panic signings when we get back to the top. It is absolutely inevitable because very few of our players would be any use against Celtic.

Whereas if we had started building a young, attacking team 18 months ago, they might be ready to hit the ground running at the top.

We have eighteen months to identify players. We shouldn't need to make panic signings if those responsible do their jobs properly.That should be more than sufficient time to get a team together. We did try to build a young,attacking team last season but I think MCCoist feels the youngsters he used aren't good enough although he wont openly admit it.

We have eighteen months to identify players. We shouldn't need to make panic signings if those responsible do their jobs properly.That should be more than sufficient time to get a team together. We did try to build a young,attacking team last season but I think MCCoist feels the youngsters he used aren't good enough although he wont openly admit it.

I don't remember us playing attacking football last season. Possibly if we focused on short passing and attacking minded play the youth players would perform better, particularly with the likes of Law, Moshni etc who have added a bit of quality.

We should only have 3 or 4 players over 25/26 in our starting lineup. Vast majority should all be youngsters with plenty room for development.

1)I think so. Why is it more than we wanted to? Why did we not want to blood our kids in a league we had won before a ball was kicked?

2)The cost has been enormous. Around £1m in fees since newco and over £15m in wages since we newco'd too. Huge sums no other team in the country could afford with the obviosu one exception.

3)Why though? Is what we have seriously not enough?

4) How do you know what i was going to say? In any case to suggest guys like Stuart Armstrong, Mackay-Stevens and Ryan Gauld would not improve our team is silly. Of course they would and need i remind you that the captain of the top team in that one horse race once graced the shirt of a provincial SPL club?

So yeah, i think i am being fair and i don't think you addressed my post you quoted properly either.

1. I've already answered that - standard of play, the fans' impatience was palpable.

2. I've already answered that too, I said "except wages". However, to expand on that. To attract a better standard costs money. If we want to attract even better players and have them bedded in before we reach the SPL, then we have to show them that it will be worth their while coming to a team that can challenge for Europe as soon as possible. [ If we win the Scottish Cup, the SFA can petition UEFA to give us a special one year permission to compete in the CL or Europa Cup, despite our three year ban from Europe. Check the UEFA articles. ]

3. No, realistically it's not.

4. These young players could be the up-and-comers, so there was nothing silly about it. As for Brown, I consider him to be a goon who occasionally plays a good pass.

As for addressing your post, if Ally can improve a team in each trading window as much as he did this team from last season then I can live with his "short-termism"