He was a coach at Dundee United at an age (22) when most of the top coaches would still have been playing, perhaps this is why was mentioned as a sort of Scottish "Mourinho".

I don't think I actually seen any of his teams during his spell at Dundee United.

He seems to divide opinion, some see him as an innovative young coach with fresh ideas, others see him as a maverick and a crack pot.

Ian Cathro

St John’s High School (Dundee)

Ian Cathro started his coaching career as a fifth-year pupil at St John's High School in Dundee, the school he now returns to as Scottish FA Regional Performance Coach.

Ian designed his own coaching programmes for young players, centred on increasing the number of touches, and his services quickly became sought-after by clubs and national associations.

At the age of 22, a chance meeting with the Scotland National Coach, Craig Levein, then Manager and Director of Football at Dundee United, led to Ian joining the club to design a new long-term player development strategy to improve the quality of academy players.

The man who purchased his first bag of balls and markers with his own pocket money is now regarded as one of the most promising youth coaches in Scotland.

I. Could be wrong but if this is the guy I have heard about..... Have heard he is a bit of a dick and not as impressive as his CV suggests. As I said, may not be same guy

It will be him because there are definite mixed reviews. So say he is dreadful and as you say an arsehole and some say wonderful, the next Neil Len....no.....Jose Mourinho etc etc