I was thinking about our 19 game winning run. UEFA have an interesting article on unbeaten runs.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=esp/news/newsid=1588768.html

I'd forgotten that Celtic had gone on a pretty extensive run about 10 years ago.

How much I would love to beat that record and catch the excuses and fallout.

You just know it makes sense.

Seven to go?

Europe's longest winning league runs

29 games – SL Benfica (Portugal) 1971-73

28 games – NK Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) 2006-06

25 games – Celtic FC (Scotland) 2003-04

22 games – PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands) 1987-88

18 games – FH Hafnarfjördur (Iceland) 2004-05

17 games – FC Steaua Bucureşti (Romania) 1988

17 games – FC Dinamo Bucureşti (Romania) 1988

17 games – FC Internazionale Milano (Italy) 2006-07

16 games – Valur Reykjavík (Iceland) 1978

16 games – FC Barcelona (Spain) 2010-11

16 games – Olympiacos FC (Greece) 2005-06

15 games – SL Benfica (Portugal) 1963

15 games – Real Madrid CF (Spain) 1960-61

15 games – FC Bayern München (Germany) 2005

15 games – AC Sparta Praha (Czech Republic) 1999-00

15 games – Bangor City FC (Wales) 2010

Edited by bluebear54

I doubt the gulf is much more than DA's team to the rest of the SPL (bar Celtic) in his third season, and far less transfer fee wise...

No matter how much the perceived gulf, Division one players are still in the top 1000 players in the country, they know how to play, they are very organised and how much better can the top 100 say, be? The cost of things always goes up exponentially when going for the higher percentiles of quality, the laws of diminishing returns always runs true.

You can pick up a Chateau Haut Brion 2010 en premieur for £650 a bottle and still have to professionally store it for 10 years before drinking it. It gets 100/100 on Wine Spectator. Or you can pay £12-£20 for a more ordinary Bordeaux which gets 90/100 and you can drink it straight away. You might even prefer it - and you never know if the more expensive one has been corked or otherwise tainted.

There are plenty of lob-sided leagues in the world but only one team has ever won every game and that was a long time ago in an 18 game season.

Sorry to be a pedant, The longest unbeaten League run ever is 62 games between 1915-17 - a record held by celtic, Morton also went 25 wins in 63/64.

Edited to add; As can be seen in the case of celtic these are wartime years, I don't understand why celtic can add war time years to their records and we don't.

Edited by crucible

Sorry to be a pedant, The longest unbeaten League run ever is 62 games between 1915-17 - a record held by celtic, Morton also went 25 wins in 63/64.

Edited to add; As can be seen in the case of celtic these are wartime years, I don't understand why celtic can add war time years to their records and we don't.

And why does this not show on the UEFA website?

Surely an oversight that needs clarification?