Had this exact bottle in London in October at a wine tasting. It's New World, American counterpart blew it away at half the price. Not even close to being worth the retail price, kind of like modern day footballers :P

Could be personal taste but price doesn't always reflect which ever characteristics you choose, and which wine is better is very subjective. There's structure, mouth-feel, complexity, intensity and length of finish as well as other qualities to consider.

Or in the end it might just be a better wine - but you also pay for reputation and prestige, that doesn't get much better than a premier grand cru classé of which there are only five which have been recognised as producing the top wines since 1855 - apart from the ironically unclassified Chateau Petrus.

Top French wine will always be more expensive than the equivalent elsewhere; it's a case of location, location, location (as well as supply and demand).

There are quite a few parallels in football.

Anyway, I envy you being able to taste such famous and fantastic wines - far too expensive for my wallet.

2nd world war goals are included in celtic scoring records, however this thread is about games unbeaten not anything else from what I can see.

So you didn't read the OP's list: "Europe's longest winning league runs" ;)

Funnily enough, the Yahoos may only claim the longest unbeaten British run, as Porto is well ahead.

The longest unbeaten runs in European football

If I remember correctly, one of our longest unbeaten runs was during that sensational 1992/93 season, when we were unbeaten for 44 games, including CL.

So you didn't read the OP's list: "Europe's longest winning league runs" ;)

Funnily enough, the Yahoos may only claim the longest unbeaten British run, as Porto is well ahead.

The longest unbeaten runs in European football

If I remember correctly, one of our longest unbeaten runs was during that sensational 1992/93 season, when we were unbeaten for 44 games, including CL.

Strangely enough I did, it started of by referring to unbeaten runs and uefa.

Could be personal taste but price doesn't always reflect which ever characteristics you choose, and which wine is better is very subjective. There's structure, mouth-feel, complexity, intensity and length of finish as well as other qualities to consider.

Or in the end it might just be a better wine - but you also pay for reputation and prestige, that doesn't get much better than a premier grand cru classé of which there are only five which have been recognised as producing the top wines since 1855 - apart from the ironically unclassified Chateau Petrus.

Top French wine will always be more expensive than the equivalent elsewhere; it's a case of location, location, location (as well as supply and demand).

Anyway, I envy you being able to taste such famous and fantastic wines - far too expensive for my wallet.

And this is why I'll stick to lager!! Ha ha

There was a blind taste testing competition between Old World and New World wines a number of years ago - the judging panel was evenly split (I believe). When the results were announced, the New World had something like 7 of the top 10 wines (may have been more). The Old World judges were so incredulous that they asked to see the wines because they couldnt believe that the New World could have better wines than the Old World. When it was confirmed they said there must have been issues. They then had another competition a year later (again, I think) and New World won yet again.

It is all about personal taste and pallette for me.

If only I could remember what all the wines were cal. Too expensive for my wallet too - I was there with work and the restaurant had a "minimum spend" and our group werent going to reach it so they decided to throw in an expensive wine tasting session so as to get up to the minimum.

Very interesting place called Berry Bros. & Rudd - if you have any interest in reading about it, the link is here : http://www.bbr.com/

There was a blind taste testing competition between Old World and New World wines a number of years ago - the judging panel was evenly split (I believe). When the results were announced, the New World had something like 7 of the top 10 wines (may have been more). The Old World judges were so incredulous that they asked to see the wines because they couldnt believe that the New World could have better wines than the Old World. When it was confirmed they said there must have been issues. They then had another competition a year later (again, I think) and New World won yet again.

It is all about personal taste and pallette for me.

If only I could remember what all the wines were cal. Too expensive for my wallet too - I was there with work and the restaurant had a "minimum spend" and our group werent going to reach it so they decided to throw in an expensive wine tasting session so as to get up to the minimum.

Very interesting place called Berry Bros. & Rudd - if you have any interest in reading about it, the link is here : http://www.bbr.com/

If you buy wine in the Supermarket noticed today Sainsbury has 25% Discount.

Nice timing for Christmas, if it lasts that long.