Guest indianaethnographer

Guest indianaethnographer

Hello Rangers fans!

I am a student and Indiana University in the States and am looking for two or three of you to answer some questions for an upcoming ethnographic research project I have. The project examines the sectarianism surrounding the Old Firm and how it influences football culture in Scotland.

It would be wonderful if any of you had some time this weekend to answer a few questions anonymously! It's all very informal so it can be done over email or Gersnet or whatever! I just need 2 or 3 more informants representing Rangers FC so if you're interested send me a PM or email me at indianaethnographer@yahoo.com or even post in this thread!

Thanks so much for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

In no way is this a criticism of yourself, Indiana, but it is most depressing to be a Rangers fan and be aware that virtually the only impact our club has on a global scale is this issue. You are about the fifth student who has been in touch seeking info for a thesis/dissertation or whatever. It really is sad.

It's a very sad reflection on Scotland, too.

:(

In no way is this a criticism of yourself, Indiana, but it is most depressing to be a Rangers fan and be aware that virtually the only impact our club has on a global scale is this issue. You are about the fifth student who has been in touch seeking info for a thesis/dissertation or whatever. It really is sad.

Appears the sectarianism industry has been overwhelmingly successful in overstating and misrepresenting the scale of the "problem". Shame our country doesn't seem to have anywhere near the success in anything else.

Hello Rangers fans!

I am a student and Indiana University in the States and am looking for two or three of you to answer some questions for an upcoming ethnographic research project I have. The project examines the sectarianism surrounding the Old Firm and how it influences football culture in Scotland.

It would be wonderful if any of you had some time this weekend to answer a few questions anonymously! It's all very informal so it can be done over email or Gersnet or whatever! I just need 2 or 3 more informants representing Rangers FC so if you're interested send me a PM or email me at indianaethnographer@yahoo.com or even post in this thread!

Thanks so much for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

we're all pretty much anonymous anyway, so it may be of more use to you to post your questions to the forum and see what answers you get. There's quite a wide range of opinion here, so what you get from the forum should be of more value than one or two individuals.

This is supposing that they really are students.

Be careful.