I have my own opinion of MD and it aint a good one , but this is a side issue over an irrelevance of a person in the week of the AGM , possibly the most important AGM in our history , yet this ******** is center of attention .

And before the obvious gets pointed out , yes I do see the irony of posting about him

Edited by Bluedell
No personal abuse please

The RST email to its members references more than one Board member. So why the fixation on MD?

Because he's the one named in the article? Because he's one of the few current board members that I know?

I'm interested to know of he is one of the board members that have resigned or whether he hasn't and there are others who have.

I believe that I've mentioned him in one post on this thread. Hardly "fixated" :rolleyes:

Because he's the one named in the article? Because he's one of the few current board members that I know?

I'm interested to know of he is one of the board members that have resigned or whether he hasn't and there are others who have.

I believe that I've mentioned him in one post on this thread. Hardly "fixated" :rolleyes:

Well, if you are a member then why not email the RST chairman and ask him?

Well, if you are a member then why not email the RST chairman and ask him?

Because I'm not THAT interested? Not sure why you've got defensive about my fairly reasonable question.

I'm sure I raise questions about the club on here all the time but I'm not going to email the club chairman every time. Asking questions on here is what being on a forum is all about.

However it is strange that the RST website no longer lists the board members, something I commented on a few weeks ago.

The Rangers Supporters Trust is investigating allegations of improper conduct against its spokesman Mark Dingwall.

The co-founder the group, who has denied the allegations, will have his future decided at a meeting this week.

The Trust holds the largest membership of any Rangers supporters group and also holds the largest shareholding of any collective supporters group.

STV understands the complaint against Mr Dingwall has been withdrawn as the complainant resigned from the board of the Trust during the investigation. Remaining board members are still concerned about the accusations of improper conduct and will address the matter at a meeting this week.

On Saturday, a board member of the Rangers Supporters Trust told STV: "Mark Dingwall is currently serving a three-week suspension, pending an investigation into allegations of improper conduct. He will be given an ultimatum to resign from his position this week."

The chairman of the Rangers Supporters Trust, Gordon Dinnie, confirmed there is an investigation and that after the complainant stepped back from his duties, the Trust asked Mr Dingwall to do likewise.

In a statement issued on Sunday, Mr Dinnie clarified the terminology used by his fellow board member, saying: "Both people involved [in the allegations] have stood back from participation in the trust's internal affairs whilst the complaint is being progressed as per the rules of the society, neither was suspended."

In response to the allegations, Mr Dingwall said: "It would not be appropriate to comment at this time. The matter will be discussed at the Rangers Supporters Trust's next meeting."

A letter circulated to RST members on Sunday evening read: "The board of the RST would like to inform you that we are currently dealing with an internal matter that has unfortunately entered the public domain. We assure you that we are still working in the best interest of our membership and will inform you of any decisions taken once due process has been followed. The board members involved voluntarily removed themselves from Trust duties until this situation is resolved.

"We would also like to assure you that the Trust board remains focussed and committed to our goals. We hope to announce the results of our AGM poll in the coming days."

In the interest of balance:

I would hazard MD is singled out as the allegations are said to be against him, on reflection the RST would have been better as first thought to keep their own counsel rather than issue a statement so weak as to be useless.

The Rangers Supporters Trust is investigating allegations of improper conduct against its spokesman Mark Dingwall.

The co-founder the group, who has denied the allegations, will have his future decided at a meeting this week.

The Trust holds the largest membership of any Rangers supporters group and also holds the largest shareholding of any collective supporters group.

STV understands the complaint against Mr Dingwall has been withdrawn as the complainant resigned from the board of the Trust during the investigation. Remaining board members are still concerned about the accusations of improper conduct and will address the matter at a meeting this week.

On Saturday, a board member of the Rangers Supporters Trust told STV: "Mark Dingwall is currently serving a three-week suspension, pending an investigation into allegations of improper conduct. He will be given an ultimatum to resign from his position this week."

The chairman of the Rangers Supporters Trust, Gordon Dinnie, confirmed there is an investigation and that after the complainant stepped back from his duties, the Trust asked Mr Dingwall to do likewise.

In a statement issued on Sunday, Mr Dinnie clarified the terminology used by his fellow board member, saying: "Both people involved [in the allegations] have stood back from participation in the trust's internal affairs whilst the complaint is being progressed as per the rules of the society, neither was suspended."

In response to the allegations, Mr Dingwall said: "It would not be appropriate to comment at this time. The matter will be discussed at the Rangers Supporters Trust's next meeting."

A letter circulated to RST members on Sunday evening read: "The board of the RST would like to inform you that we are currently dealing with an internal matter that has unfortunately entered the public domain. We assure you that we are still working in the best interest of our membership and will inform you of any decisions taken once due process has been followed. The board members involved voluntarily removed themselves from Trust duties until this situation is resolved.

"We would also like to assure you that the Trust board remains focussed and committed to our goals. We hope to announce the results of our AGM poll in the coming days."

Nonsense, they have acknowledged there's an issue which they are dealing with.

Would be entirely inappropriate to say more at this stage.

It would appear that the RST information was light from their statement, Mr Dinnie confirmed his information to STV, this information also puts a rather different slant on MD's statement with regard to the facts of the matter.