To clarify - I meant that the RST is high profile, not the current issue, whatever it might be.

I apologise Brahim.

I took it to mean the issue that was being discussed, and which has been driven into the public domain.

However, I would debate whether the RST is high profile or not. When we're talking about national press, the overwhelming majority in Scotland would have never heard of MD, RST or have the slightest inkling of what it all means. They will associate RST as meaning the whole Club. Actually, I wonder if every Rangers fan knows who MD/RST are. Creating falsely engendered associations by misrepresentation is after all how Goebbelsesque agitprop functions, despite how abhorrent how it is.

Pedantry aside, I would like my main point not to be sidetracked, and that was that this issue is happily being used politically by various interests for disparate purposes, and that I don't feel that it is in the interests of the Club.

I don't need help, leaving speculation to the one side it is very very serious, obviously you are free to think otherwise.

You don't understand. Re. emails, I have no idea what you are talking about.

But, then, I am just a moderately computer literate Rangers supporter.

Guest tdotbear
You don't understand. Re. emails, I have no idea what you are talking about.

But, then, I am just a moderately computer literate Rangers supporter.

there are allegations going around of an apparent breach/breaches of the data protection act by a big person at the rst. its supposed to be email accounts or a rst poll about paul murray. apparently some of the board has resigned about it. am sure more will come out after the rescheduled rst board meeting.

I appreciate your comments and would not attempt to influence your judgement based on your own experience; though you may want to take into account the comments of others whose opinion you respect.

We do share the "status" of having been banned from FF; in my case I am not sure about the nature of my "crime" as it was before my time on the Board of RST. I think it was just for expressing an anti-establishment opinion, which I often do. Mr Dingwall did offer to reinstate me when I was on the Board, an offer I politely declined.

Regrettably, the different factions appear more opposed than ever.

I have suggested that a membership scheme would be one way of bringing fans together or at least expressing a collective, authoritative opinion. But that doesn't appear to be happening any time soon. If you were the current board (and I stress I am not picking sides here) where would you go to get the fans opinion: the Assembly, the RSA, the Trust, FF, Gersnet, Rangers Media etc, shareholders, some combination of the foregoing? None individually or collectively represent anything more than a minority of fans who go along on a Saturday. The nearest you might get is the season ticket holders (and who would represent them?) but even then you would be excluding a lot of people.

Moving on to the "lack of a unified representation" - yes, this has hurt us very badly, time and again. No concerted moves v the MINT or Whyte or Green and now here we are on the verge of an AGM where most seem to forecast we will lose again. Our club has been repeatedly attacked from outside and inside football sources, we've been robbed, beaten-up and constantly humiliated and yet we have no single voice to fight back with. It is terribly sad. I hate the way Hearts and their fans treated us but I have to admit I envy the fact they actually seem to have bandied together to help their club. Those last four words are what it all should always be about,

there are allegations going around of an apparent breach/breaches of the data protection act by a big person at the rst. its supposed to be email accounts or a rst poll about paul murray. apparently some of the board has resigned about it. am sure more will come out after the rescheduled rst board meeting.

I see. So we are not sure if it is to do with email accounts or the poll? And do we know if this internal RST investigation is to do with this?

Guest tdotbear
I see. So we are not sure if it is to do with email accounts or the poll? And do we know if this internal RST investigation is to do with this?

i honestly have no idea what part its to do with but it triggered the investigation, so its not going to get brushed under the carpet. hope they get it resolved in the right way and have a unified rangers supports trust that represents all the fans