You may think that but that doesn't mean it is the case. An email remains private between the sender and the recipient until the author consents otherwise. There is a world of difference between reading an email you were sent and then publishing that said email without the author's consent.

Your comment made me do a bit of googling and the result is not as clear cut as you might think. Obviously it depends on jurisdiction, but there is legal precedent to suggests that ownership of an email is very unclear.

Now, suppose you send your email to a bunch of people and a couple of them are in different legal jurisdictions. Which rules apply? The jurisdiction from whence the email is sent or the jurisdiction where it is received?

And don't forget, that for legal purposes, emails can be 'discovered'.

All in all, I find it best to assume that once it leaves my computer it is effectively public. safety first.

So now we have claim and counter claim, incidentally there is nothing to prevent the subject being discussed, it is not as yet within the jurisdiction of a court.

Discuss what...gossip, rumour and innuendo....like a bunch of old sweetie wives?

Looks like the story has grown some more arms and legs.

It would seem MD is being accused of having into other RST members email accounts and that 5 members of the board have resigned over it, also claims to have been from end of November.

Not sure who the poster is but does seem to have a dislike of MD, and as seen here MD claim is now that his own computer was hacked into.

Snatched from FF

I have had to again ask Police Scotland to investigate a hacking issue

As the result of a disturbing internet campaign I have asked Police Scotland to revive their investigation into an allegation of internet hacking. I originally took a complaint to the police on 27th November - I thought the matter was at an end following the resignation of two other Trust directors and the withdrawal of an internal Trust complaint against me.

Sadly this has not seen the end of the matter and because of a sinister new development yesterday I feel I have no alternative but to again place the issue in the hands of those with the powers to conduct an investigation which will get to the heart of the matter.

I have informed the Chairman of the RST that due to having to re-involve the police I have resigned from the Board so that the Trust can get on with it’s business at this vital time for our club without any distractions.

MARK DINGWALL

A PERSONAL NOTE

I joined the Trust Board when it was formed in April 2003 and have enjoyed all the ups and downs of campaigning over these last ten years. Together the members have done so much to benefit Rangers fans and the club itself. I urge all fans to join the RST; I urge all Trust members to be active and support the Board in their endeavours. Don’t just talk about fan democracy - live it!

It has been a pleasure and a privilege to have served.

ChristineRST

I can't really say too much but would like to thank Mark for everything he has done for the RST. I know how much time he puts into his RST work and has taken this course of action for the greater good and to protect the RST. I don't see much changing. VB's bully boy on RM is already talking about removing the rest of the 'poisonous clique' - whoever they are. Hopefully Police Scotland will get to the bottom of this and the truth will come out.

A very serious matter which you very publicly would wish censored, if you consider yourself a sweetie wife that is your right society is more tolerant these days.

What business is it of yours? If you are a member of the RST, use the appropriate channels to complain, if you believe it is a criminal matter go to the police, if you believe there has been a breach of another regulatory framework, complain to the relevant supervisory body. As it is, you sound like an old biddy, hanging over the garden fence, spreading gossip about her neighbours.

Your comment made me do a bit of googling and the result is not as clear cut as you might think. Obviously it depends on jurisdiction, but there is legal precedent to suggests that ownership of an email is very unclear.

Now, suppose you send your email to a bunch of people and a couple of them are in different legal jurisdictions. Which rules apply? The jurisdiction from whence the email is sent or the jurisdiction where it is received?

And don't forget, that for legal purposes, emails can be 'discovered'.

All in all, I find it best to assume that once it leaves my computer it is effectively public. safety first.

I'm not making myself clear. The issue is over publishing an email that wasn't originally sent to you. If you wrote me an email in China and sent it to me in America and I forwarded it to someone in Scotland who subsequently published that email on the internet and publicised the fact then it is in Scotland the 'offence' took place and Scot's Law that applies. You forwarding me an email someone else sent to you is a grey area in law, however me publishing that email and promoting that publication isn't, I can't publish it without the author's consent.

I do agree with you that once something is written down 'electronically' and sent to someone else do you lose 'ownership' of it in reality, but not in practice. It's still a breach of copyright, although in this case I doubt much will be done about it.

Looks like the story has grown some more arms and legs.

It would seem MD is being accused of having into other RST members email accounts and that 5 members of the board have resigned over it, also claims to have been from end of November.

Not sure who the poster is but does seem to have a dislike of MD, and as seen here MD claim is now that his own computer was hacked into.

I know who he his. Nobody should trust this guy.