http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?55420-TRS-Exclusive-Ibrox-Leak/page22

GS, look at post #216 this proves that RM could not see Ahmed's computer but only a Public IP address so they could not break the DPA. CG in his TRS article left that possible impression, but he was wrong. RM was forced to issue a public statement.

He registered for email notification of pm's via his @rangers.co.uk email address that information would have been known to both RM and Rangers (if they'd looked of course).

He registered for email notification of pm's via his @rangers.co.uk email address that information would have been known to both RM and Rangers (if they'd looked of course).

FS, I don't quite get what you are saying here. A pm is merely an intra-server communication between two users on that server. To communicate that a pm has transpired the server needs to send an email to an address given when the user registered on the forum. That address does not require to have the "IamRangers" username as part of the email address. Both the RM and Rangers administrative staff would know what the complete email address was, but only Rangers staff would know who the user of that address was. The RM site was forced by the innuendo included in the original TRS article to issue a statement denying any complicity. This only leaves the suggestion of a mole at the Rangers end. Are you saying that someone at the Rangers end contravened the DPA by telling the TRS writer that this email address was controlled by Imran Ahmad?

Here is your original post #114 back in the original thread on 25 April -

Originally Posted by bluebear54

Ahmad wasn't around with us in October 2011.

However Whyte was. As were a few others.

Maybe all is not what it seems, Holmes.

Originally Posted by forlanssister

Read my post again carefully.

Apologies on re-reading my answer it may appear to be rather curt, that wasn't my intention.

What I was meaning was that the clue is the linking of the account to his @rangers.co.uk address.

I believe the account may well have been a pre existing one used by Rangers and taken over by Imran who probably reset the email preferences to his own address in order to be notified of any pm's to the account.

The original post in April was supposition, however, tonight's post is a statement of fact. Did you acquire substantive evidence that IA did in fact manipulate this email address?

To communicate that a pm has transpired the server needs to send an email to an address given when the user registered on the forum.

Every user registered on a forum can change their email address at any time after their initial registration, so it's entirely possible that Ahmad changed the 'IamRangers' account's email address to imran.ahmad@rangers.co.uk or something along those lines so that he could receive notifications

Both the RM and Rangers administrative staff would know what the complete email address was, but only Rangers staff would know who the user of that address was.

Not necessarily barca. If he was indeed daft enough to use imran.ahmad@rangers.co.uk or a similar official Rangers address with his name in it, then it would be pretty damn obvious at both ends who the user was.

The RM site was forced by the innuendo included in the original TRS article to issue a statement denying any complicity. This only leaves the suggestion of a mole at the Rangers end. Are you saying that someone at the Rangers end contravened the DPA by telling the TRS writer that this email address was controlled by Imran Ahmad?

RM had a lot of hassle and received a lot of stick from certain quarters over that whole episode, but in reality everything really did point to someone within the club purposely leaking the information about Ahmad's activities.

Ahmad certainly never denied the activities (as far as we know), so it's a stone that's probably best left unturned now that it's behind us and Ahmad is gone.

Statement from Mark Dingwall -

As the result of a disturbing internet campaign I have asked Police Scotland to revive their investigation into an allegation of internet hacking. I originally took a complaint to the police on 27th November - I thought the matter was at an end following the resignation of two other Trust directors and the withdrawal of an internal Trust complaint against me.

Sadly this has not seen the end of the matter and because of a sinister new development yesterday I feel I have no alternative but to again place the issue in the hands of those with the powers to conduct an investigation which will get to the heart of the matter.

I have informed the Chairman of the RST that due to having to re-involve the police I have resigned from the Board so that the Trust can get on with it’s business at this vital time for our club without any distractions.

MARK DINGWALL

A PERSONAL NOTE

I joined the Trust Board when it was formed in April 2003 and have enjoyed all the ups and downs of campaigning over these last ten years. Together the members have done so much to benefit Rangers fans and the club itself. I urge all fans to join the RST; I urge all Trust members to be active and support the Board in their endeavours. Don’t just talk about fan democracy - live it!

It has been a pleasure and a privilege to have served.

Latest from FF

As the result of a disturbing internet campaign I have asked Police Scotland to revive their investigation into an allegation of internet hacking. I originally took a complaint to the police on 27th November - I thought the matter was at an end following the resignation of two other Trust directors and the withdrawal of an internal Trust complaint against me.

Sadly this has not seen the end of the matter and because of a sinister new development yesterday I feel I have no alternative but to again place the issue in the hands of those with the powers to conduct an investigation which will get to the heart of the matter.

I have informed the Chairman of the RST that due to having to re-involve the police I have resigned from the Board so that the Trust can get on with it’s business at this vital time for our club without any distractions.

MARK DINGWALL

A PERSONAL NOTE

I joined the Trust Board when it was formed in April 2003 and have enjoyed all the ups and downs of campaigning over these last ten years. Together the members have done so much to benefit Rangers fans and the club itself. I urge all fans to join the RST; I urge all Trust members to be active and support the Board in their endeavours. Don’t just talk about fan democracy - live it!

It has been a pleasure and a privilege to have served.

http://www.TheRST.co.uk