How is allowing the fans to choose which way to vote, a snub to the board? That sounds like a snub to the fans - a huge insult to the life blood of the club. It's up to the board to how they garner support from the fans, and it's something they should be engaging in doing.

They may survive the AGM without the backing of the fans but you can't run a football club with long term disenchantment from the very people who supply all the money.

On the RST thread, I mentioned McMurdo's latest blog, which I find pretty distasteful.

Here it is - make up your own minds:

(copied and pasted from FF - McMurdo's site seems to crashing on my computer?)

As pointed out in an excellent article by Tom Farmery in today’s Times – and despite the desperate ramblings of one or two rebel spokesmen – Thursday’s AGM will be a resounding victory for the board at Ibrox.

Farmery has canvassed the people who matter i.e. the shareholders and, including very tellingly Artemis, has discovered unassailable support for the directors among investors. Artemis initially backed the requisitioners but have been impressed with strong boardroom appointments such as Graham Wallace.

In fact, my understanding is that a certain requisitioner is no longer welcome at the offices of Artemis Investment – if City gossip is to be believed.

Supportive as I am of Ally McCoist, I admit to being dismayed by Super’s proxying of his shares to Calderwood Loyal Rangers Supporters Club.

Apart from it looking like a snub to the board and that in itself being the wrong signal to send, it also, in my opinion, cheapens the value of those shares – as if they don’t matter enough to vote with in one’s own name.

Of course, if the message from Coisty is that he wants his shares to be used against the board, proxying them in this manner makes it look like a sneaky, cowardly move – not the Ally McCoist way and not the Rangers way.

Even opening oneself up to such criticism is a dumb move for the normally astute Super Ally.

My dismay in the whole matter is that the Rangers manager will still have to get the team ready for the next game after the AGM. How will it be if the team run out under a manager whose shares were given by him to be voted against the board – if, indeed Calderwood Loyal use them in this manner? It will still be a divided Rangers and this is unacceptable for a lot of bluenoses going by online and offline comments made.

One serious City player called McCoist’s proxy to Calderwood Loyal “an incredible abdication of responsibility.”

Given the seriousness of this year’s AGM, it would be hard to argue with that assessment.

Another managerial casualty is Andre Villas-Boas, bulleted from the Spurs hot seat after yesterday’s 5-0 drubbing by a rampant Liverpool.

AVB is one of those managers that seem to start well but lose themselves up their own backside. He lacks the gravitas necessary for the job, it seems to me. While this may be an age thing, it could be he is just not steely enough to deliver at a high level consistently.

Davie Moyes took some heat off his own position by navigating Man U through potentially choppy waters at Villa Park but in the process may have turned up the heat on fellow Scot Paul Lambert.

As I said in yesterday’s blog, who would be a manager?

Of course, as I said, the money helps – and that includes the big pay-off when the axe falls so there is that cushion.

Ironically in Ally McCoist’s case, the shares he was given – those shares that may be voted against the board on Thursday – may prove to be a very luxurious cushion in future years.

Should the board win on Thursday and manage to achieve their long-term goals and dreams for the club, Mr McCoist’s shareholding will be worth a tidy fortune one day.

Given the serious intent of the Easdales to implement their vision for Rangers, coupled with the very considerable wealth of the investors backing the club, it is far more than professional suicide to vote against the board – it is potentially financial suicide as well.

Rangers fans may have bought shares in Rangers to help the club but investors did it to make money. They seem satisfied with the Easdales and the directors in place.

It is time for all Rangers fans who want to see the club flourish to follow suit and get behind the board.

Back the board and sack the rebels.

Because they dont care either way and certainly will not invest the 20 million required to catch celtc.

On the field I personally dont think it will take nearly 20 million to catch Celtic. They are not a great team at all, they are being hyped as only Celtic can.

Quite frankly, McMurdo talks a lot of pish.

There are so many contradictions in how he sees McCoist providing proxy vs how he sees BPH, Artemis, Margarita etc giving proxy.

Bill, still receiving the filthy lucre, despite his protestations to the contrary.

How about being plain old objective for once ? Nah, I didnt think so either.

On the field I personally dont think it will take nearly 20 million to catch Celtic. They are not a great team at all, they are being hyped as only Celtic can.

We are 8 to 12 international players short.

This is our last spl winning side

Mcgregor

Papac

Weir

Bougherra

Whittaker

Davis

Naisy

Wylde

Edu

Lafferty

Jelavic

That team won by 1 point. We are over twenty million off that standard.

How is allowing the fans to choose which way to vote, a snub to the board? That sounds like a snub to the fans - a huge insult to the life blood of the club. It's up to the board to how they garner support from the fans, and it's something they should be engaging in doing.

They may survive the AGM without the backing of the fans but you can't run a football club with long term disenchantment from the very people who supply all the money.

You can run it into the ground, however