Three members of the Rangers board have lodged complaints to the police after violent threats were made against them.

Rangers chairman Sandy Easdale, his brother James and Brian Stockbridge all received threats on a fans website.

One image on the website, which cannot be named, contained a picture of Stockbridge with the caption stating "where is Lee Harvey Oswald when we need him".

Another posting advocates "torching" McGill's Buses, which are owned by the Easdale brothers.

Stockbridge, the Rangers financial director, was one of the five board members re-elected at Thursday's annual general meeting.

Solicitors have asked police to investigate violent threats made against him and the Easdales.

http://t.co/mPyqWbn2OR

Still waiting for the people that allegedly threatened Green to be charged.

Some bam on an internet forum is hardly a credible threat, as unsavoury as it may be. People post shite on the internet everyday. It usually gets deleted, then we all carry on.

It makes for a good deflection story mind.

There'a a story on FF (apparently confirmed by nephew and grandson) that would make you feel the threats were in order, sadly. (Obviously I am not advocating or condoning violence here, Big Brother, just making a point).

Here it is, in brief:

"An 87 year old gentlemen who has hardly missed a game, he still goes eveyweek to this day, well last season he was given an honorary season ticket, he gladly accepted it.

The club has taken this off him from next season, he did have a front row seat in the main stand which he gave up to take the honorary one.

I don't know how you's all feel about this, but i think it's a disgrace to treat a a War Hero who lost a leg in the war and could count on one had how many games he's missed."

There'a a story on FF (apparently confirmed by nephew and grandson) that would make you feel the threats were in order, sadly. (Obviously I am not advocating or condoning violence here, Big Brother, just making a point).

Here it is, in brief:

"An 87 year old gentlemen who has hardly missed a game, he still goes eveyweek to this day, well last season he was given an honorary season ticket, he gladly accepted it.

The club has taken this off him from next season, he did have a front row seat in the main stand which he gave up to take the honorary one.

I don't know how you's all feel about this, but i think it's a disgrace to treat a a War Hero who lost a leg in the war and could count on one had how many games he's missed."

If true, that is beyond disgraceful.

This story is reeking of Stockbridge & co playing the victim card and it ties in with their previous and shamefully public attempts to intimidate the fans into silence.

The idea that we've come to the point where the people who are supposedly running Rangers are searching (or paying people to search) the message boards for something to cry about and ultimately, something to attack the fans with, is just staggering.

To be honest, I would be very wary of this if it wasn't for the fact that there's documented 'previous' of this type of thing in recent months with victim cards being called at the same time as intimidation and a 'grass' culture emanating from the boardroom.