Whilst welcoming such seismic changes I also am aware that the exercise of such power, without the necessary information, has the potential for misrepresentation and manipulation as well as false and unjustified accusation. That is why it is important that this support is no longer excluded from the systems, processes and information to allow us to exercise sound judgement. The latter is necessary to distinguish an informed, responsible and pro-active support from what is little more than a lynch mob mentality. The exercise of power without the exercising of responsibility is a recipe for disaster.“

I wrote the above paragraph a few weeks ago in an article which was published in the inaugural launch of WATP magazine. Much of course has changed during that time with the coming and going of the AGM, and the confirmation of our board of directors. Even as a fence sitter throughout all of this, I cannot hide my inward disappointment that Brian Stockbridge remains on the board.

But perhaps in that regard I am being unfair to Mr Stockbridge as I don’t have in my possession the information which allows me to make an informed choice. I don’t know for instance whether he, in his role as financial director, was merely rubber stamping the overly generous bonuses previous board members had arranged for themselves, nor for instance what part, (as has been claimed in this overloaded propaganda war) nominee Malcolm Murray had in the setting of such bonuses. That will always be the case of course so long as the Rangers support remains dis-empowered and disenfranchised from the systems and processes I alluded to several weeks ago.

But the system and process which determines the make up of the Rangers board has spoken, and furthermore it has spoken in a way which is democratic. We may not all like the results it has delivered but that, I’m afraid, is life.

Of course, we can attempt to usurp that democratic process. and there has already been talk of boycotts with regard to season tickets and club merchandise, and I have no doubt such action will make those who clearly wield power – institutional investors – sit up and take notice. Notwithstanding the damage such boycotts would cause to our club, perhaps we should also consider the damage such action would cause to democratic process and what kind of “notice” would be initiated within institutional investors ?

If the democratic process to elect a board is usurped by way of boycotts, a refusal to accept the decisions that process has delivered, do you think this will instil confidence in any future investment in the club from others ? Ask yourself this – would you invest heavily in an institution where your majority shareholding and the decisions you make relative to that investment, through proper process, can be overturned by the militant actions of others with a lesser shareholding ?

I don’t like where our club sits at present, nor do I have complete confidence in those who are charged with taking us out of our current predicament and to another place. But given the choice between giving them a chance as opposed to damaging both club and destroying confidence in that democratic process – then I know which one I will choose.

Season Ticket renewed.

but it's not a democratic process. it's a vote of shareholders many of whom don't care if we never win another trophy.

we as the fans must be the ones to demand success and a board focused on it. not survival strong share price and perhaps dividends. (never mind the perks many have had)

but for me it's a bout trust and i simply do not trust stockbridge or this regime with my money. they have done some unconscionable things with the last batch.

but it's not a democratic process. it's a vote of shareholders many of whom don't care if we never win another trophy.

we as the fans must be the ones to demand success and a board focused on it. not survival strong share price and perhaps dividends. (never mind the perks many have had)

but for me it's a bout trust and i simply do not trust stockbridge or this regime with my money. they have done some unconscionable things with the last batch.

I dont disagree GS that the set up is wrong as it stands - I have long campaigned that we as fans need to get ourselves organised, represented etc etc.

But our failing to maximise and organise in such a way that the democratic process works to our advantage - does not make it wrong nor undemocratic.

Let's see if the Board make any concessions to the Support.

Yes a boycott would damage the Club, but you don't throw away your trump card before the game starts.

We've got between now and renewal time to judge the board's actions.

If Wallace successfully does as he says he will, then I think we'll be moving in the right direction and I'll renew.

If I'm still swithering I'll go match-by-match until I'm convinced.

If some shocking revelation comes to light then (much as it pains me) I'll have to keep my money in my pocket.

Of course, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they might pull the wool over my eyes the way Charlie did, But they can only fool me for one season before I'll withdraw my support.

It needs to be understood that Rangers football club are owned by a plc consisting of shareholders.If you want to have a say then you need to buy shares in the plc. That's how things work like it or not.

Of course there have been goings-on over this past year which are unacceptable but I'd urge everyone to allow our new CEO time to settle into the job and sort everything out.

I think there's a misunderstanding of democracy here D'Art. Democracy in my view is about one man one vote and it surely includes freedom of movement, the freedom to remove or refuse labour or material support for something you don't agree with. I'm sure all the 'people' at Blue Pitch Holdings, Laxey and Margarita will be at Ibrox for the rest of the season now, bringing their friends and family along too. They'll buy scarves, jerseys and pies, maybe a programme each and fill the stands.

There was nothing 'democratic' about Thursday's vote. Already rich organisations voted in a way they felt would increase their wealth. That's not democracy, far from it. Indeed history tells us that when the masses are ignored, disenfranchised, disempowered and taken for granted they eventually rise up or leave.

We didn't see democracy in action on Thursday, we saw naked greed and self-interest, the 'majority' were ignored, the powerful minority won the day.

When good men can't tell the difference we really are in trouble.

It needs to be understood that Rangers football club are owned by a plc consisting of shareholders.If you want to have a say then you need to buy shares in the plc. That's how things work like it or not.

Of course there have been goings-on over this past year which are unacceptable but I'd urge everyone to allow our new CEO time to settle into the job and sort everything out.

The CEO can only do what he is allowed to do.

I wouldn't advocate actual season ticket boycotts or anything as extensive as that at the moment, but it's certainly worth considering that there's a distinct difference between threats and actual actions. Ongoing protests and the threat of boycotts could be powerful weapons in the coming months and now look to be the only short term hope we have of getting rid of Stockbridge and Toxic Jack. Since peaceful protests and all manner of lobbying tactics are not only allowed, but completely fair game, then I see no reason why any of our fans should oppose such actions. Obviously some people's threats will be emptier or fuller than others, but I hope everyone remembers that threats are only threats. I've already seen fans in certain quarters treating fellow fans like total scum simply for mentioning the threat of boycotts, but that says more about their vile and abusive treatment of fellow Bears in general than anything else, especially as it comes as no surprise whatsoever.

Ultimately though, as amms rightly points out, it's the fans who are the paying customers keeping the club ticking over and they have a right to get something in return when asking for very specific changes in the running of the football club.