Ally McCoist: We need supporters to be thinking about season tickets and not boycotts

McCOIST said there is "no appetite for boycotts" despite some fans threatening to starve the club of cash in order to bring about change at boardroom level.

ALLY McCOIST last night insisted Rangers fans need to continue buying season tickets, and forget boycotts, if the club is to “survive, improve and progress.”

And the manager sounded a warning for Ibrox chief executive Graham Wallace that any cuts to his playing budget would mean he couldn’t compete with Celtic.

Wallace told shareholders at last week’s agm cuts would be necessary at a club where the wage bill is almost 100 per cent of turnover.

But McCoist said: “If I have a budget of £3million and Celtic have a budget of £20m then it would

be extremely difficult to compete with them, an enormous task. Rangers and Celtic have always had the highest budgets.”

Some fans have threatened to starve the club of cash in order to bring about change at boardroom level.

But McCoist added: “The fans are the most important part of our club. We wouldn’t be here today if it hadn’t been for them buying 72,000 season tickets over the last couple of years that have followed administration.

“The fans must continue to buy season tickets if the club is to survive, improve and progress.

“I’m sure, the way things look at the moment, there’s no appetite for talk of boycotts.

“But I won’t tell the fans what to do. All I can do is state they will have a major bearing on how we move on from here.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-manager-ally-mccoist-need-2957386

This looks like Ally trying to save his own bacon and knows if ST don't sell then he won't get any money to spend, and he will need this not to compete with Celtic, but for us just to win the championship.

I don't expect to be properly competing with Celtic for probably 5 years, or if we get a new manager.

Alistair with the begging bowl out. A bit like he had when the 1p shares were being dished out, perhaps? Not forgetting the fat salary he never realised he got every month.

Some people are financially raping Rangers and some are being asked to cough up again. Do as you say, not as you do and everybody is happy, eh Alistair?

This looks like Ally trying to save his own bacon and knows if ST don't sell then he won't get any money to spend, and he will need this not to compete with Celtic, but for us just to win the championship.

I don't expect to be properly competing with Celtic for probably 5 years, or if we get a new manager.

We won't ever compete with the BHEASTS until we get the correct people running the club and not bleeding it dry!

Alistair with the begging bowl out. A bit like he had when the 1p shares were being dished out, perhaps? Not forgetting the fat salary he never realised he got every month.

Some people are financially raping Rangers and some are being asked to cough up again. Do as you say, not as you do and everybody is happy, eh Alistair?

Why should he take a pay cut when millions of pounds are landing in the pockets of the Directors/ Former Directors and their backers?

Why should he take a pay cut when millions of pounds are landing in the pockets of the Directors/ Former Directors and their backers?

I do think the manager is getting too much,however the SPIVS that are raping the club seem to be getting off with it when they talk about Ally

I do think the manager is getting too much,however the SPIVS that are raping the club seem to be getting off with it when they talk about Ally

I would have to disagree with you and say it is the other way about. The directors seem to be getting all the abuse while Ally gets none.

You can see from this thread it is as if Ally can do no bad when it comes to talking about his salary, the bottom line is they should all be ashamed for what they have taken for a club being in the third division, although with some bigger scenarios.