Rangers boss Ally McCoist claimed he was not bothered as his team's 100 per cent record in League One was ended with a 1-1 draw against Stranraer.

The Ibrox men harboured hopes of winning all their matches in the third-tier this season but were undone with a stoppage-time equaliser from Jamie Longworth.

McCoist admitted his team were below par, and felt the visitors could have got more from the game.

He said: "I will be 100 per cent honest with you - I actually couldn't give a monkey's about the record. I really couldn't.

"I'm not interested in the record, I'm only concerned about the level of performance that we gave and it was extremely disappointing.

"It was a really disappointing day for us. Certainly I'm of the opinion that Stranraer more than deserved their point."

I can remember a time when we had ambition.

I don't believe him, not one bit. As for praising opponents who tried harder than us, worked harder than us and wanted it more than us, i am sick of hearing that sort of stuff coming from our club, as if that makes it ok. They may well have deserved their point but only because we made it easy for them. We encouraged them, we gave them belief. It was all down to us.

SDM ultimately knocked any ambition out of most fans with an almost 10 year downsizing period. I am proud to say i am one of a possible minority who believe we deserve so much better. Nothing will change that.

i think hes right. dropping points happens. not showing up is unacceptable.

What about McCoist's teams 'not showing up' so frequently over the years despite constantly changing personnel? One of the key things you look for in troubleshooting anything that is broken - look for a common denominator.

Ally - much to the dismay of your players you ordered them into the corner flag in the last minute of the game to try to run down time. We lost possession almost instantly (which that tactic deserves. I've always detested it!) - they ran up the park and scored. I can appreciate it was the semi final of the cup and so much was at stake...no wait a minute.....it was Rangers at home to Stranraer in a league match (a league already won by a mile) and the brave fans who stayed on did so in the hope of one more bit of entertainment. Hang your head in shame Ally for that embarrassing tactic.

I believe you are also a liar. You used that tactic because the record meant so much to you that you would use any tactic to get there. Shame on you!

I believe you should be ashamed of that post.

Do you? I will go away and try....give me a minute.........................nope, sorry I tried and you know what I still believe Ally is spouting porkies. The league is already won - yes? He vehemently denied (he protesteth too much) afterwards that the record meant anything to him - yes? His main concern was the "lack of fluency in the play" - yes?

Oh Ally - will you zip me up the back please and tuck in the foam while you are at it? Why did you deploy that tactic (much to the obvious dismay of your players)? I don't remember many examples of 'fluency' when 3 men have been playing ring-a-roses round the ball at a corner flag.

Do you know the only times I've seen that tactic deployed? When there were pretty high stakes at play, and the fans will take a win at all costs. What about the poor fans who stayed until the bitter end hoping for one final bit of entertainment? Do you think they stayed to watch you run down the clock? Give me a break.

Yesterday was dire and I was angry about many aspects of our play. Like many, I'm not entirely convinced about Ally as a manager, but I'm prepared to give him more leeway than just about any other person I can think of, because of what he's done for the Club.

I also happen to think that the football this season has generally been far better than last year (perhaps not hard), Ally's signings have been pretty successful and some people are over-reacting on the back of one abject performance.

Yesterday was dire and I was angry about many aspects of our play. Like many, I'm not entirely convinced about Ally as a manager, but I'm prepared to give him more leeway than just about any other person I can think of, because of what he's done for the Club.

I also happen to think that the football this season has generally been far better than last year (perhaps not hard), Ally's signings have been pretty successful and some people are over-reacting on the back of one abject performance.

Do you really want to go through them one by one? They honestly have not been pretty successful mate.

Also, it's not one abject performance, it's consistently bad performances, almost 3 years long in fact.

Edited by Super Cooper