Who would you move on?

Who is goong to be stupid enough to bid for players (plus pay their current wages) for players who are either not fearuring regularly and / or permanently injured (well apart from us).

Only player likely to attract any serious attention during the transfet window will be wallace. I don't think we will be in a position to reject any bid over £1M for him (also a top earner of the wage bill)

No other reason for us resigning Smith in the summer other than him being a long term replacement for Wallace.

Some SPhell clubs may sniff around the likes of Daly, Black , Templeton et al and chance their hands with cheeky bids to test our resolve given our current financial situation.

More bleak times ahead

Who is goong to be stupid enough to bid for players (plus pay their current wages) for players who are either not fearuring regularly and / or permanently injured (well apart from us).

Only player likely to attract any serious attention during the transfet window will be wallace. I don't think we will be in a position to reject any bid over £1M for him (also a top earner of the wage bill)

No other reason for us resigning Smith in the summer other than him being a long term replacement for Wallace.

Some SPhell clubs may sniff around the likes of Daly, Black , Templeton et al and chance their hands with cheeky bids to test our resolve given our current financial situation.

More bleak times ahead

If we're stupid enough to accept a £1m bid for Lee Wallace then I think it'll be the final straw for many of our supporters.

That is £0.5m less than what we paid for him and will show a clear lack of ambition from this board.

I think it depends on the reasoning behind moving players on. In some cases terminating a contract will be cheaper in the long term but very expensive in the short term. Reading between the lines in comments from CEO and not forgetting the '£1m left by April' quote from Stockbridge I don't think we can afford to be paying too many players off.

Among the cheaper candidates on this front, Cribari is certainly surplus to requirements, is probably on a reasonably high wage and his contract is up in the summer. It possibly wouldn't be too expensive to reach an agreement for him to move on in January.

Hutton is another who's contract is up in the summer and we have sufficient cover for central mid, so he could probably be let go.

Perry is contracted till Summer 2015 and considering his extension was signed when we were in the SPL, he's likely earning far too much for an injury prone fringe player.

Other than those three I don't see how we can afford to be forcing any cuts. That might change if we were to attract a fee for a player though.

Faure has been one of our most consistent players so far this season playing at right back. He's come on leaps and bounds IMO.

Yeah but we let Mitchell and McAusland go out on loan who both could have easily played there but instead we brought in Foster. Faure could've played at Centre Back and we wouldn't have had to sign Mohsni.

Faure has been one of our most consistent players so far this season playing at right back. He's come on leaps and bounds IMO.

You wonder if our younger players might be considerably better were they actually played in their correct position.

I saw a post on RM earlier pondering whether Macleod playing out of position is part of his development. New one on me that :seal:.

In the earlier years of a player's career the one simple thing they need is a run of games in their correct position. Barry Ferguson wouldn't have been half the player he was if he came through the ranks today. He'd be played out wide and end up shite.

You wonder if our younger players might be considerably better were they actually played in their correct position.

I saw a post on RM earlier pondering whether Macleod playing out of position is part of his development. New one on me that :seal:.

In the earlier years of a player's career the one simple thing they need is a run of games in their correct position. Barry Ferguson wouldn't have been half the player he was if he came through the ranks today. He'd be played out wide and end up shite.

Apparently Smith wanted to let Ferguson go and Advocaat insisted we keep him and give him a new contract