Many years ago it was thought that it was Rangers/Liverpool & Celtc/Everton although now they both probably are not interested in either. There are a few fans who wear Rangers/Liverpool scarfs etc. at Anfield.

I was always under the impression that Liverpool were the Celtic of Liverpool and Everton the Rangers. Great for the respect for the 2 disasters.

If the English (and us I suppose) gave a fuck then demographics would point to Liverpool being the Protestant club and Everton being catholic. Outside of NI and Glasgow Liverpool has the largest Orange Walks and lodges etc. YNWA tie in is a fallacy. I think religion mattered many moons ago in Liverpool but not now.

I was always under the impression that Liverpool were the Celtic of Liverpool and Everton the Rangers. Great for the respect for the 2 disasters.

It's the complete opposite Pete although both clubs are originally from Methodist leanings. The huge influx of Irish immigrants in recent decades though to the city of Liverpool just muddles things up a bit but Liverpool were always our friends and Everton theirs. Evertons club anthem is actually "It's a grand old team to play for, if you know your history and all that sh*te". YNWA was originally a Man Utd song, taken by Liverpool and stolen again by Celtic.

I wore my Liverpool/Rangers scarf to the match at Anfield a few weeks back and the only funny looks i got were from an older lady with a Liverpool/Celtic scarf! :D

3 of Liverpools greatest ever in Hanson, Dalglish and Souness were all Bluenoses too.

They were also founded by a Protestant Freemason. John Houlding.

We have some great historical links with them.

It's the complete opposite Pete although both clubs are originally from Methodist leanings. The huge influx of Irish immigrants in recent decades though to the city of Liverpool just muddles things up a bit but Liverpool were always our friends and Everton theirs. Evertons club anthem is actually "It's a grand old team to play for, if you know your history and all that sh*te". YNWA was originally a Man Utd song, taken by Liverpool and stolen again by Celtic.

I wore my Liverpool/Rangers scarf to the match at Anfield a few weeks back and the only funny looks i got were from an older lady with a Liverpool/Celtic scarf! :D

3 of Liverpools greatest ever in Hanson, Dalglish and Souness were all Bluenoses too.

They were also founded by a Protestant Freemason. John Houlding.

We have some great historical links with them.

....As was my old pal Stevie Nicol.

When I was going to games, as the 60s became the 70s, Rangers fans often wore Rangers and Liverpool (separate) scarves. I had a traditional Rangers scarf round my neck, a blue and white scarf on one writs and a red and white one on the other. Septic fans, for obvious reasons, did not carry Everton scarves but there was no doubt that we tool Liverpool's side and they Everton's or, as TV highlights drove things: they took Busby's Rags while we took Shankly's Liverpool . Our highlights in those pre live TV games' days were two channels each with an English and Scottish game - very often this was Liverpool, Man U, Us and the unmentionables.

I never thought there was any Liverpool-Rangers or Liverpool-Celtic / Everton-Rangers or Everton-Celtic relation. I just saw it as some scousers had Rangers as their Scottish team some had Celtic as theirs. You would always see scarfs of both a games. It has basically just been Liverpool trying to have a good relationship between both. Celtic invited Liverpool to Parkhead in the first game after Hillsborough but Liverpool have also had ex Bears like Souness.

The club I always got the impression Rangers were linked with was Chelsea. I remember wearing my Gers top in London in 1989 and had about 3 different Chelsea fans giving me a pat on the back.

One thing Liverpool and Everton do show us though, and the rest of the country, is how to have a rivalry. Being able to sit in with your family in the home end or vice versa is always good to see during the Merseyside derby.