The money isn't there though

If the board was honest with us (I know how that sounds with this board) and said "we are building for the future a dynasty, you will see improvements" whatever and we could see it on and off the park then I think the fans would get behind the team and support like only Rangers supporters can. I know I would.

At that point who knows a wealthy Rangers fan may say i'll bankroll the squad, but if that doesn't happen we would have a firm foundation from which to build from.

I know this is very hopes and dreams but it is the way we need to be run from now on.

Celtic are about to fall apart you can see it coming Forster, Samaras and Ledley are all restless and probably going to leave which will make it a mammoth task for them to qualify for the Champions League at which point they'll need to decide what to do invest or accept it. But if we were run properly we'd be in a far stronger position than Celtic as in theory we should be debt free

Like I say very hopes and dreams

The money isn't there though

If the board was honest with us (I know how that sounds with this board) and said "we are building for the future a dynasty, you will see improvements" whatever and we could see it on and off the park then I think the fans would get behind the team and support like only Rangers supporters can. I know I would.

At that point who knows a wealthy Rangers fan may say i'll bankroll the squad, but if that doesn't happen we would have a firm foundation from which to build from.

I know this is very hopes and dreams but it is the way we need to be run from now on.

Celtic are about to fall apart you can see it coming Forster, Samaras and Ledley are all restless and probably going to leave which will make it a mammoth task for them to qualify for the Champions League at which point they'll need to decide what to do invest or accept it. But if we were run properly we'd be in a far stronger position than Celtic as in theory we should be debt free

Like I say very hopes and dreams

I know that mate, i have been saying that for months, it's not a secret either, the club have been telling us. That is my i said our problem is going to be finding the investment we need. Going to a bank to borrow £20m is out, begging King for £20m for players we can't sustainable afford is also out. We need to grow our business quick.

If we had that scenario, which we currently don't, i have no doubt people would want to invest big but the club is a shambles right now, the team is a joke and the baord are not trustworthy. We are a mess.

I don't see Celtic falling apart at all. The game just gets easier for them as we stumble from one shambles to another.

We have to forget about celtic for now. This idea that we could win the spf first season or so back is fanciful, even with good investment. We will have to get the better of a few decent teams before we are ready to crack celtic again. We should be focussing on rangers and getting on a sound footing with a proper manager.

We have to forget about celtic for now. This idea that we could win the spf first season or so back is fanciful, even with good investment. We will have to get the better of a few decent teams before we are ready to crack celtic again. We should be focussing on rangers and getting on a sound footing with a proper manager.

There are no plans for that and if we do forget about Celtic for now we will never catch them. Plans must be in place yesterday. It's of paramount importance we catch them as soon as possible, if only to halt their domestic dominance at first.

cetlc got where they are with a sugar daddy director and 3 share issues and a vvery competent board.

we must indeed follow that model. it was a roaring success for them. the fans can pay the wages no problem but we can't do everything.

Two huge levels of debt in the last 11 years show we couldn't pay the wages before mate, what makes you think we can do it now? As you say the fans can only do so much, we need more revenue from other sources.

Thanks for copying that before i edited the spelling.. damn small phones...lol

Your right we are to late. Obviously being number one again must be our goal, but we need a plan to get there with mini goals and targets aligned to budgets, income increases as we progress (higher st prices, increased tv revenues, europe tv money even..) i think we have the right ceo in wallace. Just need the balls to get shot of ally and get a decent manager in place like NOW..

Thanks for copying that before i edited the spelling.. damn small phones...lol

Your right we are to late. Obviously being number one again must be our goal, but we need a plan to get there with mini goals and targets aligned to budgets, income increases as we progress (higher st prices, increased tv revenues, europe tv money even..) i think we have the right ceo in wallace. Just need the balls to get shot of ally and get a decent manager in place like NOW..

I will fix it for you mate.

3, 4, 5 year plans are no use right now. By then Celtic will be on 8, 9, 10 in a row. The right manager could catch Celtic in year one, two certainly, with our budget, i have no doubt about that. Under Ally and his crew though we will never catch them.

We're not that far apart on what we want and how to get there. 3,4,5 years can sound too long , but no plan could see us nowhere for longer than that. I agree with the right manager (never a sure thing until they actually do the job) we could quickly challenge, but currently i see nothing but hard times ahead.