They're obviously well within their rights to refuse, but it's pretty selfish of the players to refuse a 15% pay cut if Ally has just signed a new contract with a 50% pay cut. I'd love to know which players agreed and which players refused.

Clearly cuts need to be made throughout the Club, so the players refusing cuts will not go down well amongst the other staff if everyone gets asked to take cuts. The bottom line is that the Club needs to survive without another administration event, so if everyone needs to take cuts and some staff redundancies need to be made then everyone employed at the club needs to comply and take it on the chin.

Here's an article Gersnet published 9 months ago - http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/latest-news/134-radical-fiscal-changes-required-who-s-got-the-stomach-for-it

I would contend that is a very harsh view when taken as a blanket statement (though you somewhat caveat it by asking who agreed and who refused).

Ally has made his money. I am pretty sure that he doesnt NEED the salary that RFC pay him, even at the lower level with the 50% pay cut.

But some of these players are only just starting out their careers and probably have nothing behind them. So to say it is selfish of them because Ally took a paycut is rich. Everyone has his or her own financial situation and just because the boss takes a 50% paycut (because he can afford to) doesnt mean everyone can afford to follow suit.

And we KNOW that Ally can afford to.... because if he couldnt, then he wouldnt have done so.

The worrying thing is that less than 2 years since being in administration we are embroiled in yet more financial mismanagement. Stockbridge has absolutely NO LEG to stand on. He, as the FD, has us on the brink yet again. When oldco went into liquidation and players TUPED (or didnt....) it was an opportunity to start with a fresh slate.... history certainly hasnt made the club any wiser.

I am disappointed and, more than that, ANGRY at the inept, incompetent fuckwits that have run us almost into the ground a 2nd time in 2 years - I will give Wallace, Crichton & Somers leeway, they are only just n the door. The rest ??? GTF !!

Does any one know what salary & bonuses Wallace is on?

Suely the VERY LEAST that Stockbridge can do is take the same pay cut as the players are being asked and forego any future bonusses in his conract that are related to the players' success on the pitch.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
typo

No they haven't taken anything , and mccoists is until we return to the spfl top league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say deferral do you mean his wages go back up to the original amount or that he will be paid the deferred sum (18 months) upon our return to the top league?

I would contend that is a very harsh view when taken as a blanket statement (though you somewhat caveat it by asking who agreed and who refused).

Ally has made his money. I am pretty sure that he doesnt NEED the salary that RFC pay him, even at the lower level with the 50% pay cut.

But some of these players are only just starting out their careers and probably have nothing behind them. So to say it is selfish of them because Ally took a paycut is rich. Everyone has his or her own financial situation and just because the boss takes a 50% paycut (because he can afford to) doesnt mean everyone can afford to follow suit.

And we KNOW that Ally can afford to.... because if he couldnt, then he wouldnt have done so.

The worrying thing is that less than 2 years since being in administration we are embroiled in yet more financial mismanagement. Stockbridge has absolutely NO LEG to stand on. He, as the FD, has us on the brink yet again. When oldco went into liquidation and players TUPED (or didnt....) it was an opportunity to start with a fresh slate.... history certainly hasnt made the club any wiser.

I am disappointed and, more than that, ANGRY at the inept, incompetent fuckwits that have run us almost into the ground a 2nd time in 2 years - I will give Wallace, Crichton & Somers leeway, they are only just n the door. The rest ??? GTF !!

Agree with almost every word Craig, but what IF the cost-cutting strategy Graham Wallace has in mind is simply 15% pay cuts throughout the club?

What are other club staff to think if the highly paid players aren't accepting the proposed cuts?

Let's not kid around, even the younger lads are quite highly paid and are generally taking home a hell of a lot more than most humans. Even a grand a week is a massive salary.

It is a mistake to start with the playing staff. Given all the sh*t that has gone on, I can't blame them. There are other avenues that need cleared out.

I pretty much agree Blue Moon, but we don't even know that the proposed cuts are starting with the playing staff. It may well be that ALL Club staff are being asked to take a 15% wage cut.

So some think that the players should agree a wage cut. So some think that Dave King should open his wallet and plough his money into the club. Seems that there is never a shortage of people advising others on how they should handle their income or spend their money.