When you say deferral do you mean his wages go back up to the original amount or that he will be paid the deferred sum (18 months) upon our return to the top league?[/.

I believe that his wages go back to their original amount when we get promoted and that there is no lump sum owed , however McCoist is no mug when it comes to money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with almost every word Craig, but what IF the cost-cutting strategy Graham Wallace has in mind is simply 15% pay cuts throughout the club?

If that's the limit of his strategy then perhaps he shouldn't be there along with Stockbridge et al.

What are other club staff to think if the highly paid players aren't accepting the proposed cuts?

Let's not kid around, even the younger lads are quite highly paid and are generally taking home a hell of a lot more than most humans. Even a grand a week is a massive salary.

You have to bear in mind who bears responsibility for these contracts existing in the first place the vast majority have been sanctioned by the current FD.

I generally view the players in general to be overcompensated and detached from economic reality but in this instance I'm four-square behind them.

I believe that his wages go back to their original amount when we get promoted and that there is no lump sum owed , however McCoist is no mug when it comes to money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A million penny shares testify to that!

If that's the limit of his strategy then perhaps he shouldn't be there along with Stockbridge et al.

I seriously doubt if that's the limit of his strategy, but wage cuts throughout the club are an obvious starting point, especially since Green & co didn't do it so that they could pay themselves as much as possible. Such cuts are clearly, now, finally, well overdue.

You have to bear in mind who bears responsibility for these contracts existing in the first place the vast majority have been sanctioned by the current FD.

Stockbridge needs to go because his position is untenable, of that there's little doubt, but is Wallace (or any CEO) capable of delivering that?

I generally view the players in general to be overcompensated and detached from economic reality but in this instance I'm four-square behind them.

I disagree, but can completely understand your viewpoint. Maybe a lot of the players and staff feel likewise and would be willing to accept cuts under certain conditions. It wouldn't be surprising if a P45 for Stockbridge is high on their agendas and rightly so.