KJ should have asked him what our FD does on a day to day basis.

He should also have asked him if our 'consultancy PR' is money well spent. "Every pound" and all that ..............

KJ should have asked him what our FD does on a day to day basis.

He should also have asked him if our 'consultancy PR' is money well spent. "Every pound" and all that ..............

First question would not be answered, for obvious reasons. Second question ... Nash was brought in to have a look, on a short term basis. How would we know how much he was being paid? He was sure not brought in just for the sake of it. Perhaps to look over Stockbridge's shoulder and see whether the man was actually doing his job and correct as well? Just to confirm to Wallace that it was right to have him here (despite the Malcolm Murray stuff, which sure won't be forgotten) for the time being. And to tell Stockbridge that his job ain't secure. So many options possible.

Of course, people all want to know stuff from Wallace and Co., why not ask a chap like Prior, who had a look into the affairs, instead? If people trust folk like him any more than our CEO et al.

Ultimately, it doesn't appear to be the playing budget that is the problem....was the entire wage budget not something like £18m in the accounts???

£10m on other staff wages.....that is excessive. That is the area that MUST be looked at. However, this is not the are that the media are interested in. They will focus all attention on the playing staff.

There is nothing stating whether the 15% was across ALL staff or whether it was just playing staff.

There's a fine line to be drawn between the club operating at a sustainable level, which we all want, and the club fielding a team of plumbers, which is what everyone else wanted to see. I would hope we will never given them that satisfaction, but we could certainly have been cannier with negotiations two years ago.

Db, I sincerely hope you are right. But when a business 'suggests' that its employees 'might like' to take a 15% pay cut, whether it is a solid offer or just a mere suggestion it screams this business is in big trouble from the rooftops. If there was no immediate issue, the club could implement a cost cutting plan over 18-24 months; but it can't, the need is urgent, and far from being a media invention this is the first step in yet another downturn.

The successful candidate will have strong customer service skills along with proven experience within a similar role would be desirable.

Reflecting the standards and confusion within Ibrox, this sentence doesn't even make sense. But then, when a national newspaper prints 'reeked' when they mean 'wreaked', why expect any sort of standard anywhere else?

When we were demoted to League 3 we had no guarantee of a shirt supplier, sponsor, 80% of the team left and we reduced the price of season tickets.

To me that screams tread carefully with how you spend your money.

But we didn't we continued to spend like an SPL team and built a team capable of playing in the SPL we even gave Lee Wallace a new contract which I presume involved a salary increase. It's decisions like this that have f****d us and it was completely insane and the responsibility for that has to lie with the old board.

Interesting comment from LSE Chat

You can hardly blame guys like Lewis Macloed on £800pw who is doing more than any board member to keep money flowing into the club, to consider a pay cut when the spivs are taking no hits and expensive duds earning 6x his salary are nothing more than bench warmers.

Reflecting the standards and confusion within Ibrox, this sentence doesn't even make sense. But then, when a national newspaper prints 'reeked' when they mean 'wreaked', why expect any sort of standard anywhere else?

Quite so Andy, presumably they mean "and proven experience"

Commitment, flexibility, trustworthy and enthusiasm are also a must.

And perhaps "trustworthiness" would be better but why include that as a criteria, surely you would have to be considered trustworthy above all else to get a job. You can go for an interview and say you are flexible, for example, and your enthusiasm may or may not be evident, but trustworthiness is objective, you are either trustworthy or you are not, which would be a matter of taking up references.

Rangers Interviewer - Are you trustworthy Mr Whyte?

Whyte - No I'm not and I don't have any references; but I'd like the job anyway because I'm very enthusiastic and willing to work flexible hours.

You can hardly blame guys like Lewis Macloed on £800pw who is doing more than any board member to keep money flowing into the club, to consider a pay cut when the spivs are taking no hits and expensive duds earning 6x his salary are nothing more than bench warmers.

MacLeods uncle told me the kid was £1500 per week last year and was set to sign a new deal.

Really that is shocking?

When you consider what some of our hangers on are supposedly on