Players like him HAVE to be the future for us.

He may have to play wide left because Aird isn't half as effective there as he is on the right and McLoed as we all know is a central midfielder.

But ideally, I would have him in the team as an attacking midfileder behind TWO strikers and to hell with Law and Black. I'd take McLoed and Mackay any day of the week.

Players like him HAVE to be the future for us.

He may have to play wide left because Aird isn't half as effective there as he is on the right and McLoed as we all know is a central midfielder.

But ideally, I would have him in the team as an attacking midfileder behind TWO strikers and to hell with Law and Black. I'd take McLoed and Mackay any day of the week.

At Ibrox against weaker opposition, we could easily revert to a 3-5-2 and give both Macleod and McKay their chance. Matter of fact, they could easily take up the left wing and inside left positions, interchanging every now and then. Both are full of pace and enthusiasm. Such a 3-5-2 line-up could look like ...

Bell

Faure - Mohsni - Wallace

Black

Aird - Law - Macleod - McKay

Little/Clark - Daly

We should really be able to by more dynamic with our line-ups. Start a 4-4-2 and see how the game pans out, with e.g. Foster as RB and Macleod out on the left (4-4-2). Once we note that the opposition does not pose a real threat or is well beaten, revert to the line-up above.

McCoist is supposedly treating him like a leper. Had numerous fall outs. The lad has given serious thoughts to giving the game up altogether because of it.

I had a brief conversation with McCoist last summer when he had a bundle of players bios in hand and he surprised me by being not overly enthusiastic about the lad at all.

I had a Spanish friend over at the Annan disaster game last year and in his opinion Mackay was the only Rangers player worth talking about and he was only on the pitch for the last 20 mins or so if I remember correctly.

I had a brief conversation with McCoist last summer when he had a bundle of players bios in hand and he surprised me by being not overly enthusiastic about the lad at all.

I had a Spanish friend over at the Annan disaster game last year and in his opinion Mackay was the only Rangers player worth talking about and he was only on the pitch for the last 20 mins or so if I remember correctly.

Yeah, there is a definitely an issue there. We have seen it before since Ally took charge, with Fleck, McMillan and McKay, even Argyriou to an extent.

No one on this planet could convince me Lewis MacLeod, Arnold Peralta, Andy Little or Robbie Crawford are better options than young Barrie on the flanks. He, himself, feels it is personal.