I do agree about some of the points made in the article. However, thinking about all the various articles and comments about cost cutting etc. What would be useful is an idea of how much Wallace aims to reduce the costs by. Reason being is there has been an awful lot of focus on cutting the playing staff costs which are approx 30% of turnover. What i would also like to try and ascertain is how much more income rangers will receive next season?

Bearing in mind there will be some aspects that may not increase that much such as TV revenue or merchandise given these will not vary greatly year on year just now given our current predicament. There will however be the opportunity for a new sponsorship deal (end of Blackthorn) and perhaps other commerical areas. Also worth noting that there will be a significant increase in ST and regualr single ticket prices for matches next season which will be a major boost to the coffers.

So if Wallace is successful in reducing costs through selling players, loaning players, pay cuts off field and perhaps some other areas across Rangers - I would then imagine that the 30% wages to turnover ration would decrease further! So for those who dont quite think the 30% figure is a big deal may perhaps notice a difference in this next season.

Interesting point to digest and welcome any thoughts on the above.

Sureley relevant and some quick reply to some of the points:

How many right backs does Ally need?

We've only got Richard Foster ... and a few stand-ins. I for one am content with Foster, BTW. He gets IMHO similar and unwarranted flak as Black did last season.

Why sign players on 2/3 years+ contracts ...

Because you need to sign them in the first place (whether we deem that okay or not is another matter) and people may simple dictate their own terms too once they are freebies. As per usual and just saying.

... and then release them a few short months later?

Not that many. Argyriou maybe? (Anyone ever checked what he was on?)

How much of our stay in a hotel is being sponsored? Just as food for thought.

I reckon Keith and Co. would also write about us should we decide to go "Bed & Breakfast" with some local farmers and hostels. Heaping malice upon us and ridicule our "overspending" that had led to somesuch.

You'd hope Wallace learns from articles like the above and stops giving interviews to these Scottish trolls.

Edit: Yet, on the other side of the Clyde, everything is rosy. Not a single word of the European Inquiry for half a week. At least not from their cohorts of the Scottish media.

This was never going lead to anything from the Scottish mhedia, nor is anyone at Fifa or Uefa (whichever of those ridiculous organisations it was) at all interested. They stressed in their one comment about it that they had to look at it because they had received complaints. That struck me as a rolling of eyes to the ceiling, a deep sigh and a "now we have to pretend we are doing something in that meaningless backwater that we keep getting e-mails from."

I was saying some of those slightly tongue-in-cheek, but...

Foster has taken a good while to get to a standard of performance that is not as impressive as McAusland's were at the start of the season. We had something like 8 players on our books who can play RB at at the start of the season. Since then, Cole had his contract terminated having only a few months ago signed a long term deal; and Mitchell was released last week. Argyriou I don't imagine was on much, but we probably had to pay him the best part of a year's salary to get shot of him, could have been anything from £150-£250k ish.

I think stewarty made some good points. Every facet of the club needs to be looked at and re evaluated. Good start point is how many (accountant/goalie, /right back, /coach,/ admin etc) do you need. Next are they delivering? Yes/no - performance manage them out the door if no. Mmm that works for non playing staff but not players and manager/ coaches as they have bomb proof contracts that say they can only be got rid off with compensation or transfer if they agree..if i was wallace i would be asking ally to evaluate every player and coach on his staff. For each player - does he rate them, do they have a future at rfc, are they short term useful or long term. Now for the tricky questions - what length of contracts are they on? Only the select few who are seen as long term spl players should have been given more than two year contracts. A review along these lines would expose ally's lack of planning, (players we don't need simonsen, smith, foster cribiari)) poor judgement (offering long contracts to players he will now see as not good enough - barrie mckay!) and poor man management of expensive assets (templeton,shiels immediately spring to mind).

Director / executive salaries - think they will have to publish some transparent figures on what is being paid and clear links to performance v remuneration are required for these positions. If they don't get some transparency then i think ST sales will be hit for next season as fans need to trust that their money is not being filtered out by a few chancers.

This hotel carry on today alone won't kill us but just shows the spend spend culture that still hangs around Ibrox like a bad smell.

Apparently the team stayed at an expensive boutique hotel called Malmaison in Aberdeen last season for at least one of our games against Montrose. That means they basically drove about 50 miles past Montrose to get to a top class hotel in Aberdeen. Why? Again, probably for the golf. There's Royal Aberdeen links plus various other links courses all within a few minutes drive from Malmaison.

Would love to see a list of every hotel the team has stayed at this season and last season for our lower league away games. I bet there's a golfing theme.

Not that many. Argyriou maybe? (Anyone ever checked what he was on?)

M McKay, K Kyle, Bedoya, Celik, Sandaza, Ortiz, McMillan, Cole, K Naismith, Mitchell.

There's 10 players, not 1. All given contracts a matter of months before they were terminated/paid off/binned.

Apparently the team stayed at an expensive boutique hotel called Malmaison in Aberdeen last season for at least one of our games against Montrose. That means they basically drove about 50 miles past Montrose to get to a top class hotel in Aberdeen. Why? Again, probably for the golf. There's Royal Aberdeen links plus various other links courses all within a few minutes drive from Malmaison.

Would love to see a list of every hotel the team has stayed at this season and last season for our lower league away games. I bet there's a golfing theme.

Team bonding away from work perhaps?