There's six and a half hours of training on that schedule, from a Monday match day until Sunday....I wonder how many hours of golf are squeezed in? I'd bet more than six and a half hours a week.

Well you'd be lucky to squeeze two rounds in that time so if there's any keen golfers, I'd expect so in the warmer weather. Plenty of people get that much in a week. However, I doubt there will be that much golf played at this time of year.

It's better than an inactive hobby, and teaches you a lot about focus, concentration, avoiding mistakes and putting them out of your mind when you make them.

Golfers union!

I don't doubt there are positive effects of a constructive hobby like golf but, will it make you a better footballer? Only fitness and technical ability training can do that. Nobody seems to improve at Rangers, they come in and stay roughly at the same level as they always were, no great strides in ability or skill. Maybe that's down to our training schedules and methodology?

Golfers union!

I don't doubt there are positive effects of a constructive hobby like golf but, will it make you a better footballer? Only fitness and technical ability training can do that.

Fitness will be done as high intensity, interval training. One you've done enough of that, what you need is rest or active rest at low intensity. Golf will provide the latter. I also often think that footballers could bring some of the aspects of golf into their game, especially for set pieces. Good Golfers have a pre-shot routing to get them in a repeatable position, use techniques to relax and then visualise their shot. They seem to have incorporated this into rugby but not football.

Nobody seems to improve at Rangers, they come in and stay roughly at the same level as they always were, no great strides in ability or skill. Maybe that's down to our training schedules and methodology?

Anecdotally, that doesn't ring true and I don't really know how we compare with other clubs in that sense. It seems a bit of a butter side down type of theory. You'd need to give a lot of evidence to make that argument convincing.

Could you give a list of exemplar sides and their training schedules? Do you actually know what the full training schedule that Rangers perform or are you basing your intense criticism on a sparsely detailed piece of A4 circulating on the internet?

It sounds like Rangers players are exercising a minimum of 13 hours a week (and probably a few more with gym work etc) and people think this isn't enough, and then pretend to somehow know how much the players play golf, which is also exercise, and then complain that it is too much.

There are some very fit people who do a lot less exercise than that and who sit in a chair at work all day. I cycle about 8 hours a week at the moment and spend about 1.5 hours in the gym. I plan to increase the cycling by an hour or two but I don't think I can cope with much more than that. How much does everyone else do, to suggest the players aren't doing very much?

Basically, we need a lot more info and knowledge before slagging off the training regime. But then if they published how the players take their tea, I could see it being criticised on here.

I wasn't making a definitive statement Calscot just putting my observations out there. If my view that players don't seem to develop and push on at Rangers is wrong, perhaps you could give some examples of players that you think have benefited under McCoist, Durrant and Macdowall? Players that have improved in fitness, skill or who've become better tactically.

Taking it a step further, perhaps you could identify some areas of our overall game and style of football which have developed or improved under McCoist and Co? Have we mastered corners yet? Is the hit and hope lofted free kick our only training ground "move"?

The training schedule in the image could be a red herring or merely a snapshot of a much wider training regime for players but to my mind it's probably pretty accurate and as the saying goes "put in what you always have, you'll get out what you've always got".

I cycle about 8 hours a week at the moment and spend about 1.5 hours in the gym. I plan to increase the cycling by an hour or two but I don't think I can cope with much more than that. How much does everyone else do, to suggest the players aren't doing very much?

Is that ALL you do during the week, or do you also work full time???

These players are being paid to be FULL TIME footballers. Against Forfar, the commentators stated that they train 2 nights a week (Tue & Thurs). The Forfar players also have to work for a living, so while our boys were relaxing @ Carnoustie, some of there players would be cleaning out blocked drains, delivering post, working in an office etc ie. working FULL TIME, then playing football.

I for one found it difficult @ times to tell which team was the full time one.

IMHO, the players should be @ MP from 9 til 5. Obviously they can't do physical activity ALL the time, but there are plenty of other things they could be doing - match analysis, tactics etc.....even just spending time together as a group.

This does and it makes me sick.

You may also have noticed it's been months since we lost a game 5 maybe 6.

We're playing the worst teams you can get in Europe, a signing spree has made us more clinical and less shaky in defence but the performances are still rotten in the main barring the odd game.

I wasn't making a definitive statement Calscot just putting my observations out there. If my view that players don't seem to develop and push on at Rangers is wrong, perhaps you could give some examples of players that you think have benefited under McCoist, Durrant and Macdowall? Players that have improved in fitness, skill or who've become better tactically.

You've probably observed more than me as I can't get to games and don't see many except on a computer screen; however, I can read reports and whats on here and the weird thing is that everyone is saying how much fitter the team is this season. I also think the results are conclusive proof that the team has improved from last season albeit with new additions. Obvious improvements have come from Wallace, Faure, Aird, Black, McLeod, Law and Daly.

There are other clubs which have taken promising players we know and then rejected them, like Liverpool with Danny Wilson and Charlie Adam. Did they improve there?

The problem is that we are in a very unique position and it's hard to compare with any other management team as they just haven't had the problems we've had and aren't in a position where being top of the league is not enough, not even close. There's also the point that if you're winning every game bar the odd late equaliser, just how much better can you expect to be? There is just no precedent for it.

Taking it a step further, perhaps you could identify some areas of our overall game and style of football which have developed or improved under McCoist and Co? Have we mastered corners yet? Is the hit and hope lofted free kick our only training ground "move"?

It seems I must be seeing more games than you as the overall game seems to have improved from last season every time I see a game. And I also ALWAYS see more than hit and hope. Even the goal videos show you that while also showing that the long ball can work. Sometimes we do it too often but it can be difficult to play through a team when they park the bus as Barcelona found out against us. I've never seen the long ball played by the team as much as people say on here. BTW Didn't we just score from a corner?

As I've said before, I seen the MK Dons play Wimbledon AFC and the former seem to have been told to keep the ball on the ground and not use the high ball. AFC sat back and the Dons struggled hard to make any head way and the game was incredibly dull and lacked goal mouth stuff and excitement despite the obvious edge to it among the fans. I don't think MK were used to dealing with a team that sits in defence, but we get it every week.

The training schedule in the image could be a red herring or merely a snapshot of a much wider training regime for players but to my mind it's probably pretty accurate and as the saying goes "put in what you always have, you'll get out what you've always got".

My point about the training thing is that we don't really know what their training is like and how it compares to top class teams. The guys involved have been in football a long time and McCoist and Durrant have played at the very top. They've done their coaching badges and bring in qualified and experienced sports scientists to add an academic and best practice string to the bow. It doesn't mean they are great coaches by any means but I think it's incredibly presumptuous to think that they are clueless about the basics from just seeing a outline schedule on the internet. Before going in feet first we could do with an expert view, or even a well researched fan view would be something.

It's the usual knee jerk reaction when it comes to Rangers: the best practice in the top of the profession seems to be to take as much stress as possible out of travelling to an away game and when they attempt get THAT right, there's another knee jerk tidal wave of criticism.

I think we need to be far better informed before we assert we know better. If the team were in second place and struggling you'd have some real evidence of a crap management team, but while we're doing alright, then you've got to dig up a bit more than this to damn them with.