Is that ALL you do during the week, or do you also work full time???

Depends what you mean by full time. I work a 37 hour week but there are 168 hours in the week. Subtract about 45-50 for sleeping and there are still over 80 left. Subtract 10 hours of exercise and you've still got over 70 left for everything else. I also play guitar for about an hour a day, watch a few hours of telly and go out a few times a week. I cook everything from scratch, do half the house work and still find time for other leisure stuff.

I cycle to and from work, a bit at lunch time, and to the gym a few times a week. I then try and get in two longer cycles in at the weekend. I plan to increase this by joining a cycling club which will mean a 3.5 hour cycle on a Sunday and still back for lunch.

I always find it strange that people think an average of hour an a half out of 24 in a day for exercise is a lot, and say things like, "I don't have time".

Putting aside a reasonable amount of time in the day to exercise is about the most basic thing in fitness training. If people on here can't get that right, how can they criticise the professionals? We're all pretty much the professional manager of our own health but who gives themselves the sack?

These players are being paid to be FULL TIME footballers. Against Forfar, the commentators stated that they train 2 nights a week (Tue & Thurs).

So part time is 2 training sessions and full time is 4. Sounds about right. But the biggest thing people forget is that resting is as important - you can't do that so well with a full time job. But in the end it seems to be working. We're winning almost every game. How much of that is down to the training? Surely some of it?

The Forfar players also have to work for a living, so while our boys were relaxing @ Carnoustie, some of there players would be cleaning out blocked drains, delivering post, working in an office etc ie. working FULL TIME, then playing football.

How do you know? If it was me, I'd be taking a half day at least. There seems to be a lot of postmen playing in the lower leagues, although I can't find any info on it. But as I said before, many of the them are pretty fit and slim as they do a ton of walking. Maybe it's the best job for a part time footballer.

I for one found it difficult @ times to tell which team was the full time one.

It's actually incredibly easy: just look at the league table.

IMHO, the players should be @ MP from 9 til 5. Obviously they can't do physical activity ALL the time, but there are plenty of other things they could be doing - match analysis, tactics etc.....even just spending time together as a group.

The schedule doesn't say how long they spend at MP but is there any evidence that this would improve our game? Do you really think being forced to spend all day with your team-mates will make you get on better? I'm not so sure.

I'm juts away for a 12 hour cycle ride so that I can have an opinion on football.

:basher:

I can imagine you'd start slagging off Chris Froome for not training enough... Or maybe going back in time there's a better example in Graeme Obree who kept getting banned for not being aesthetically pleasing. ;)

The schedule doesn't say how long they spend at MP but is there any evidence that this would improve our game? Do you really think being forced to spend all day with your team-mates will make you get on better? I'm not so sure.

The schedule doesn't say anything about the afternoon, so I think it's fair to assume that the players are free to go after lunch.

However, I agree that we need a lot more information about what actually goes on in the 1.75 -2.00 hours they are "training" (which suggests physical activity to me, rather than watching videos of past games and future opponents, for example) in comparison with other clubs in Scotland, England and throughout Europe.

We're playing the worst teams you can get in Europe, a signing spree has made us more clinical and less shaky in defence but the performances are still rotten in the main barring the odd game.

and jack irvine is still an utter cunt who is attacking our manager and first team.

think about that. a pr guy for our club is attacking our players.

and jack irvine is still an utter cunt who is attacking our manager and first team.

think about that. a pr guy for our club is attacking our players.

Between that and the board and individual directors threatening our own fans and fan sites with legal action, it's just beyond sickening.