We need to be spending about 16 million a year on the first team wages historically to win the spl. We could bring in Jose and give him 15 percent less than 6 million and he won't win the league.

As such the board need to be the focus for now. If they are determined not to give a manager the tools needed to win the spl because it affects share value then we are as well keeping super.

If super is backed properly and can't deliver. Then sure we can look at him.

As for playing dumb over Irvines involvement here I have no interest in that.

We need 8 to a dozen players in the next 12 to 18 months. Players in the bougherra, Davis or jella bracket. If the board can't deliver that I suggest they talk to dave king again.

If they won't heaven help them and us.

We need to be spending about 16 million a year on the first team wages historically to win the spl. We could bring in Jose and give him 15 percent less than 6 million and he won't win the league.

As such the board need to be the focus for now. If they are determined not to give a manager the tools needed to win the spl because it affects share value then we are as well keeping super.

If super is backed properly and can't deliver. Then sure we can look at him.

As for playing dumb over Irvines involvement here I have no interest in that.

We need 8 to a dozen players in the next 12 to 18 months. Players in the bougherra, Davis or jella bracket. If the board can't deliver that I suggest they talk to dave king again.

If they won't heaven help them and us.

Our wage bill under Walter was never under £30m mate was it? £16m seems very low. Celtics averages out at £34m or so, i can't see or remember us winning SPL titles on 16.

I wouldn't hold your breath for any investment at that level, i just don't see it, with or without King. I fear this board will be happy playing second fiddle. There is a horrible lack of ambition from them.

I'm only talking about the first team. The total will indeed need to be in the hight 20s.

A first team squad of say 30 which we tend to carry would mean an average wage of around £10k. Some on 5, some on 20 maybe. 20 still wouldn't get us the Joe Ledleys or Scott Browns though. It couldn't even get us the Kris Commons or Samaras'. I spoke before about matching Celtic financially and i think this is key for our board. We must find a way of being able to compete with them financially without crippling ourselves. Either that or we accept we are second biggest and second best and simply plod on into mediocrity.

A first team squad of say 30 which we tend to carry would mean an average wage of around £10k. Some on 5, some on 20 maybe. 20 still wouldn't get us the Joe Ledleys or Scott Browns though. It couldn't even get us the Kris Commons or Samaras'. I spoke before about matching Celtic financially and i think this is key for our board. We must find a way of being able to compete with them financially without crippling ourselves. Either that or we accept we are second biggest and second best and simply plod on into mediocrity.

commons is on 16k a week. but your right about leddley. wouldn't give brown a fiver a week.