http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6049-playing-crucial-for-kyle

KYLE McAUSLAND doesn’t know where he’ll spend the rest of the season yet but admits he needs to be playing games regularly wherever it is.

The 21-year-old had a Rangers shirt back on yesterday as he turned out for Gordon Durie’s under-20 side in its 1-0 league win over Ross County at Dumbarton.

It was McAusland’s first game for the club since his loan spell at League One rivals Ayr United came to an end at the weekend.

There is a possibility the defender could go back out on loan but if he was to do that he’d have to return to Somerset Park for what would be his third time there.

FIFA rules dictate a player isn’t allowed to play competitively for any more than two clubs in the one campaign.

And because McAusland has turned out for Gers as well as the Honest Men, his only other option is to remain at Ibrox and fight for a place in Ally McCoist’s squad.

With Richard Foster and Sebastien Faure both ahead of him in the pecking order for the right-back slot, he knows his chances there might be limited.

McAusland is eager to keep playing though and wants to at least become a regular in Durie’s side if he stays with the Light Blues.

He said: “It’s my first week back at Rangers this week so I asked to play in the under-20 game to get myself back into the swing of things.

“To be honest, I’ve not spoken to the manager here or the manager at Ayr yet about where things sit.

“I’ll just keep training and hopefully I’ll speak to everyone either this week or next and we’ll see what happens from there.

“If I do end up going back out on loan, it’ll be good to go back to Ayr because they’re doing well and they’re in a play-off place at the moment.

“There’s competition for places at Rangers and you’re going to get that at any club, especially here.

“It’s going to be hard for me to push the other boys out of the way because they have done well since they came in.

“Whatever happens, it’s about getting more experience for me. I need to play games wherever I am, preferably first-team ones. I’m at that age where that’s really important.”

Once again demonstrating the utter folly of sending a player out on a half season loan because when he comes back both he and the Club are snookered; as with Gallagher and Mitchell.

. . .

FIFA rules dictate a player isn’t allowed to play competitively for any more than two clubs in the one campaign.

. . .

Once again demonstrating the utter folly of sending a player out on a half season loan because when he comes back both he and the Club are snookered; as with Gallagher and Mitchell.

What is the rationale behind the FIFA rule?

What is the rationale behind the FIFA rule?

I am not sure but I suppose it's a bit like being cup tied; it might be seen to go against sporting integrity dare I use that phrase, if a player was to play for several clubs in one campaign. I very much doubt that it is supposed to catch loan cases but here again it might be argued that if a player gets loaned out to more than one club it goes against the transfer system.

Just surmising though.

I liked the look of the lad early on in the season so can understand his frustration.

He's the standard of player that I think we'd have been better developing than bringing in guys like Foster (or Argyriou).

I liked the look of the lad early on in the season so can understand his frustration.

He's the standard of player that I think we'd have been better developing than bringing in guys like Foster (or Argyriou).

I'd chuck Faure in there too.

I'd chuck Faure in there too.

I think Faure looks as good as McAusland to be fair; even though, IIRC, neither are full-backs out of choice (Faure being a centre half and McAusland a central midfielder?).

Moreover, Faure had demonstrable potential (even if he's now just turned 23) so I think was a worthwhile signing; certainly more justifiable than Foster or Smith.